• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maven "perform" commands not working from STS

Code:
    roo> perform clean
    [INFO] Scanning for projects...
    [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'eclipse'.
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] Building Maven Default Project
    [INFO]    task-segment: [clean, eclipse:clean]
    [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
    [INFO] Cannot execute mojo: clean. It requires a project with an existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
    [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
    [INFO] Total time: < 1 second
    [INFO] Finished at: Thu Oct 29 19:26:26 MDT 2009
    [INFO] Final Memory: 6M/104M
    I get that for all of the "perform" commands.

To be clear, I created the project via the STS File->New->Spring Template Project->Roo... Wizard, and then added all my entities and such, and then when I ran any of the 'perform' commands, I got the error above.

Interestingly "run all tests" works just fine...

Thanks!

Tim

Hi Tim,

This is indeed not working correctly. I notice that you have already created a couple of Jira tickets regarding Roo - STS tooling integration, so it may make sense if you could also add this one.

I am not an Eclipse / STS internals expert but I would guess that most of the maven commands are better used through the m2eclipse plugin included in STS rather than the shell commands. But you are right if the commands are visible in the STS Roo shell they should either work or not be available in the first place.

Cheers,
    Stefan

Comment

I believe this is bug http://jira.springframework.org/browse/ROO-262, which has since been fixed in Roo trunk and will appear in Roo 1.0.0.RC3 next week.

Comment

Working...
      X