Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to use roo with existing Maven Project? NullPointerException Dependency.java:95 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use roo with existing Maven Project? NullPointerException Dependency.java:95

What do I need to use roo with an existing Maven Project?

If I type roo in the project home, I get a NullpointerException:

____ ____ ____
    / __ \/ __ \/ __ \
    / /_/ / / / / / / /
    / _, _/ /_/ / /_/ /
    /_/ |_|\____/\____/ 1.0.0.RC2 [rev 321]

Welcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press TAB or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
    NullPointerException at org.springframework.roo.project.Dependency.<init>( Dependency.java:95)

Apparently all plugins (including default) require a groupId.

Making sure all plugins had a groupId resolved this.

FYI: This is the plugin that was causing my problem:

<plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.0.2</version>
    <configuration>
    <source>1.6</source>
    <target>1.6</target>
    </configuration>
    </plugin>

Comment

Yes you are correct. This is because Roo parses the pom in order to anaylyse your exisiting dependencies (this way we can make sure that Roo won't install duplicate dependencies). I am not aware of any case where you don't need a groupId, so I am surprised this plugin worked before including the groupId. Looking at your specific plugin the usage example also has a groupId in use:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/mave...gin/usage.html

Cheers,
      Stefan

Comment

I noticed https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-319 was logged for this bug. I have just marked it as resolved, as I encountered this problem when working on ROO-287 and already committed the necessary fix in SVN revision 339. It will therefore be included in Roo 1.0.0.RC3.

Comment

Working...
        X