Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perform commands

I built a project using Roo 1.0.0.R3 [rev 347]

When I type any of the "perform" commands, nothing happens.
    I attempted perform assembly, eclipse, clean, command [mvn command], package, and tests.

My current output when I try is

roo> perform eclipse
    roo>

Are these just not supported in R3 yet? Or did I screw something up?

Hi Juhiko,

The 'perform *' commands do effectively only issue a command to the underlaying shell. This means you need to install Maven 2.0.9 or higher in your environment to make these commands work. So what is your environment (OS, Java, Maven)? And what happens if you type 'mvn -version' in your normal shell (not the Roo shell)?

Cheers,
    Stefan

Comment

Currnet Roo is RC2 yet you used RC3 - how do you get RC3?

I built a project using Roo 1.0.0.R3 [rev 347]
      How did you obtain RC3 [rev 347]? I would like to try it, especially because during some of Ben's demos at SpringOne2GX he used RC3.

When I go to www.springsource.org/roo there is only a single "download" menu item and in that all I see is an option to download RC2.

Is is a simple download or did you have to check the code out of SVN and do your own build?

tx in advance,
      Robert

Comment

There is no release of Spring Roo RC3 yet, so Juhiko refers to his private build of Spring Roo from trunk. You will need to check out the sources from SVN (links provided here: http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=71985). Once you have checked out the sourcesm there is a readme file which contains detailed instructions on how to build Roo.

HTH,
        Stefan

Comment

FYI we're aiming to release Roo 1.0.0.RC3 next week, so not too long to wait now for an official build either.

Comment

I'm facing a similar issue when running Roo on Windows. The "perform" command works well on Mac.

In a similar topic, when creating an addon and installing it on Windows it doesn't work. I'm able to create and perform the addon install without errors (not exceptions or messages on the console) but the commands doesn't display in the shell. This is when trying to deploy the sample addon created by project --topLevelPackage com.my.proj.roo.addon --template ROO_ADDON_SIMPLE. I tried the addon creation and installation on Mac and it works fine.

I have also been unsucessfull to make roo-dev work on both Windows and Mac. I’ve been using Roo and then activating development mode which I guess is similar at the end.

Comment

"ENGINEERING BUILD [rev 356]"

You will need to check out the sources from SVN (links provided here: http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=71985). Once you have checked out the sourcesm there is a readme file which contains detailed instructions on how to build Roo.
              Thanks for the pointer. I followed your directions on my Ubuntu 9.04 Vm guest and now have a working build of roo. When I type "roo-dev" at the command line it says, "ENGINEERING BUILD [rev 356]". Interesting that it did not say "RC3" the way I was expecting.

Comment

Roo's shell determines it's an engineering build if it can see it's executing from the $ROO_CLASSPATH_FILE locations as opposed to precompiled JARs. If JARs are detected, the version number is pulled out of the manifest. If $ROO_CLASSPATH_FILE, the version number if determined using the "svnversion" command.

Comment

Working...
                X