X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to upgrade Spring Roo

I have the STS 2.1.0 SR01, I know how to upgrade plugin in Eclipse but I was wondering what is the best way (minimal effort that does the job, like p2 dropins folder installation) to upgrade Roo from RC1 to RC2?

Thanks.

Install the new Roo to a new location. (Optionally, remove the old Roo first.)

If you are using Roo from the command line, make sure the new executable is on your PATH (e.g., c:/dev/tools/roo-RC2/roo.bat).

If you're using Roo from within STS, go to Window->Preferences->Spring->Roo Support and add the new Roo installation directory.

(I don't know if there are program differences between RC1 and RC2 that you need to account for, but that should be in the RC2 release announcement.)

Comment

Hi Mikej,

All your suggestions works, I just like the second option the most

thank you.

Comment

Be aware that there are a number of changes between rc1 and rc2. I'm trying to migrate an rc1 project at the moment.

Your best bet is to create a dummy RC2 project and add some domain objects and controllers to see what has changed and modify your RC1 code.
        1. @RooWebScaffold has changed, you need to include the path attribute e.g. (automaticallyMaintainView = true, formBackingObject = ComponentCommand.class,path="componentcommand")
        2. roo javabeans for booleans have been corrected to be is instead of get, e.g. getRunning is now isRunning
        3. You need a config/webmvc-config.xml under WEB-INF

That's as far as I have progressed. If you find some other issues please update!

Comment

Working...
        X