Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compass integration

Hi.

I'm new to Roo but I think it's a great tool
    Are there any plans for integration with compass fol full-text search?

--
    Kind regards,
    Łukasz Matuszewski

There are no present plans to do this, although it's a great example of a third-party add-on. Just yesterday I checked into SVN trunk the first-pass at providing third-party add-on support. It's relatively easy now for people to write "simple" add-ons for Roo (simple meaning add-ons that do not emit an ITD). Roo even generates the add-on out-of-the-box, which you can import into Eclipse (just like you would any standard Roo-created project) and customize the add-on. You can then put the resulting add-on on a web server somewhere and anyone using Roo RC3 (as yet unreleased) or above can install it with a single Roo command into their installation. See https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-287 for more information on the new third-party add-on services.

Add-ons that emit an ITD require more awareness of Roo internals. I'll be covering these in one of my SpringOne talks next week, and get the Roo documentation providing a suitable background. Even add-ons that need to emit ITDs will use the new third-party add-on services; the only difference is they'll need to write some metadata-related code within their add-on to make it work.

Comment

Working...
    X