X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see additional Methods in STS

I generated a class e.g. Product with Roo but when trying to test the integration test (like in the demos) STS shows the following quick fix error:

Code:
    The method countProducts() is undefined for the type Product
    In fact, the codes executes well, it's just that there's no code completion and STS shows a compile error.

Must I enable anything to make the additional methods visible to the compiler?

Thanks in advance,
    Fireball

P.S.: I am using STS with standard configuration and Roo 1.0.0.RC2

This sounds like an AJDT issue.

Please ensure you upgrade to the latest version of STS and then perform a Project > Clean and select all projects. Also please go into Window > Preferences > JDT Weaving and ensure JDT weaving is enabled. This is a requirement of AJDT and is how it provides code assist (ie CTRL SPACE completions) in the Eclipse Java Editor.

If you still have some trouble with AJDT, please check the version number (Help > About STS > click the "aj" icon) and let us know. Andrew Eisenberg is one of my SpringSource/VMware colleagues and the AJDT lead, and he'll be happy to help you work through the issues if the above doesn't work. AJDT 2.0.1 was also just released, so you might like to try that:

AJDT 2.0.1 is now available for download from the Eclipse update site:
    http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/35/update

Or, on Eclipse 3.4:
    http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/34/update

Comment

I'm having a similar problem. I'm using STS 2.1.0 SR01, Spring Roo 1.0.0 RC2, and AJDT 2.0.1.

I created a project in Roo using the steps outlined here: http://blog.springsource.com/2009/05/27/roo-part-2/ and imported it into STS. Now all of the aspects have compile errors similar to what the original poster mentioned. In addition, I get compile errors on lines like this:

Code:
      declare @type: ApplicationReleaseDataOnDemand: @Configurable;
      The error is "Syntax error on token(s), misplaced construct(s)".

Any thoughts?

Comment

Hi Scott,

When you say "compile error", I am guessing that these are actually editor/reconciling errors. This means that they appear in the editor, but not in the problems view. Assuming so, it sounds like either:

1. JDT weaving is disabled (you can enable it in Preferences -> JDT Weaving)
        2. you are opening your Aspect file in a Java editor.

If the compiler errors are actually coming from the compiler (and not the editor), then you may have lost your Aspect nature on this project (right click -> Configure -> Add AspectJ support).

Please let me know if any of this helps or if you continue to have problems.

Comment

Working...
        X