Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Roo Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Roo

hi all,
    I downloaded the Spring Roo RC2, and when I typed the "roo" command, the error appeared, the same case for RC1 too but M1 it's not appeared(succeeded) :

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Roo\spring-roo-1/0/0/RC2/lib;F:\Spring_Research_Center\Spring"

why?
    any additional jar that I need outside roo package?

Thanks in advance.

Kahlil

I have no idea what F:\Spring_Research_Center\Spring is, but I can promise you it's not part of the Roo distribution file.

I suspect the roo.bat you're running from has a problem. Did you edit your path to refer to the new RC2 location? It might be related to the roo.bat which is loading Roo for you.

I personally tested the 1.0.0.RC2 on Windows before release, so I'm pretty sure it works. The test involved adding Roo to a path on Z: drive, and running Roo from C: drive (we historically had a bug where different drive letters failed under Windows). This test worked.

Please let me know how you go, or if anyone else experiences similar issues so we can look into it more thoroughly for you.

Comment

my Roo path is F:\Spring_Research_Center\Spring Roo\spring-roo-1.0.0.RC2
      so on environment variable I set the path :
      F:\Spring_Research_Center\Spring Roo\spring-roo-1.0.0.RC2\bin

and then when I run the "roo" command, previous error is appeared.

but when I try to copy all the roo.bat source from M1 to RC2 roo.bat and I change the path (on environment variable) only F:\Spring_Research_Center\Spring Roo\spring-roo-1.0.0.RC2 (without "bin") and create ROO_HOME : F:\Spring_Research_Center\Spring Roo\spring-roo-1.0.0.RC2,

then I run cmd prompt and change directory manually to ROO_HOME, the "roo" command run perfectly.

Why?

Thanks in advance ben.

Kahlil

Comment

I recently had the same problem, try to avoid spaces in the roo path.

Code:
        F:\Spring_Research_Center\Spring Roo\spring-roo-1.0.0.RC2
        Hope this helps,
        Fireball

Comment

thanks a lottttt...it works.., now I'll try how powerful of roo.
          Thanks ben & Fireball

Regards,

Kahlil

Comment

Working...
          X