Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Java source code details unavailable for type" error

While trying to add a field on a domain class I get the following:

roo> add field string -fieldName name -class ~.domain.Package
    Java source code details unavailable for type SRC_MAIN_JAVA/com.pedantus.package
    repository.domain.Package

I get it whether I'm using the command line Roo shell or the STS Roo shell. I'm assuming that it's the result of having my environment hosed in some way. Any thoughts y'all might have would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Michael

It could be because you're using "Package" as the type name, which is a reserved word and likely to be causing confusion for Roo.

Would you mind typing "development mode" ENTER then repeating the command and pasting the resulting exception into a Jira bug report at https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO? That way we can at minimum provide a more meaningful message.

Comment

Brilliant. Thanks Ben, that was totally the issue. All's now good, and I've entered the issue in Jira.

Nice work, BTW. I'm new to Spring, and coming back to Java after a rather long hiatus. I do have experience, however, with Rails and MVC.Net. Aside from this one issue, Roo has provided me with an entre into Spring development that's both familiar and productive.

Much appreciated,

- Michael

Comment

Hi Michael

I fixed your issue a few minutes after you logged it yesterday. It will be included in RC2 which will be released within the next 24 hours or so.

Cheers
        Ben

Comment

Working...
        X