Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maven dependencies starting by com.springsource.

Hi,
    Does anybody know why all artifactIds in my dependencies (except springframework's ones) start with com.springsource?

I find that a little bit weird. If I want to use "standard" jars and not use com.springsource one's, can I do that or something will go wrong, ?

Is there a way to create a project with "standard" dependencies or do I have to change them all manually?

Thank you,
    Emmanuel.

Hi Emmanuel

By default Roo itself as well as projects Roo creates use the SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository (EBR):

http://www.springsource.com/repository/app/

EBR provides a public, searchable, high-speed repository of quality-verified and OSGi-compatible JARs. All JARs in EBR have been subject to manual review by SpringSource to ensure they are non-corrupt and contain correct POMs and OSGi manifests. The artifact and group ID are also in a consistent, easily-identified form, so you can be sure of which version you're using and where it came from. The Roo team also keeps an eye on dependency versions in EBR and ensures Roo automatically creates projects using the latest collection of known-working-together libraries.

You are free to edit the POM of a Roo project to use standard Maven JARs, although I don't recommend it and you will find subsequent versions of Roo have trouble identifying if your project has a particular dependency installed (as the dependency's identification will expect the identifier as contained in EBR).

Comment

Working...
    X