X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropdown disappears after validation error

Hi! I'm puzzled by a feature of the petclinic sample application. In experimenting, I noticed that the dropdown control containing pet names disappears when the owner form contains validation errors. I see that the "createForm" method in the auto-generated file OwnerController_Roo_Controller.aj maps "pets" to the result set from a call to ~.domain.Pet.findAllPets(); but this mapping does not occur in the "create" method prior to returning with the String "owner/create." Perhaps it couldn't.

The only way to get the pets dropdown to reappear using the application's own controls is to (1) invoke the owner form anew, re-entering content and correcting previous validation errors, or (2) correct validation errors, save the form, then find the owner and enter update mode to select a pet.

What is the fix or workaround for the disappearing dropdown?

This feature seems to be a constraint on usability. I have not seen this matter addressed elsewhere. Any help, guidance or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

BTW, I'm completely new to Spring, Spring Roo, and AOP; and I'm finding them all well-considered and incredibly useful. Kudos, Spring Roo team!

Cheers,
    tgrommet

Yes, that is because there is a post-redirect-get pattern used which causes the loss of the model object.

Please open a Jira ticket and assign to me. This should be addressed .

-Stefan

Comment

Jira ticket ROO-184 has been created for this issue; but I could not find a way to assign it to you. Thank you, Stefan! :-)

Comment

Working...
      X