Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to download required jars using eclipse IDE

Hi,

I am trying out Roo and I am trying to create a project from scratch using Eclipse IDE (as opposed to the command-line tutorial Ben has posted in his blog).

I was able to create a new project using "File -> New -> SpringSource Tool Suite -> Spring Template Project". And was also able to create my first JPA entity "Rsvp". But I am having compilation issues as the required jars (e.g. persistence.jar for javax.persistence.Entity class and so on).

I see that my pom.xml has all these jars as maven dependencies but what command should I fire (either from roo shell or from some other menu item) to trigger the download of these jar files in to my project without going through Maven command line. Do I need to download Maven plugin for eclipse?

Thanks
    Shal

Are you working in SpringSource Tool Suite or you just installed the plugins into Eclipse? STS comes with the Maven plugin, otherwise you'd need to install m2eclipse. It should download any jars you need while you're working in Eclipse. Also if you're behind a firewall, you might need to configure Eclipse's proxy settings.

Comment

I noticed my colleague Christian Dupuis published a Tweet a few hours ago about the imminent release of STS 2.1.0.GA. I should be great when that is out, as STS 2.1.0 and above includes m2eclipse.

Personally, though, I always just use the mvn command line prompt (not m2eclipse). Quite often when we're developing Roo and its add-ons we will stay totally at the command line and simply use text editors to change Java classes. In that case "mvn tomcat:run" and "mvn test" become really handy. While I certainly recommend people use STS (or another IDE of their choice), I think it's really nice that Roo gives such a complete and viable command line experience while still offering quality IDE integration.

Comment

Working...
      X