X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3th party add-ons

In some Roo blog post I read that the team is not yet encouraging the community to develop 3th party add-ons as the API to develop them might change.

As RC1 was released recently I think the API should be stabilized now.

What are the Roo team's plan with 3th party add-ons?
    - Is the API stable?
    - Will there be 3th party add-ons repo available (just like the Grails plugins repo)
    - What guidelines should we follow to developt 3th party add-ons?
    E.g. naming conventions for package like org.springframework.roox.addon.addonname (see x in roox for extension)

Cheers,
    Marcel

Thanks for the query about add-ons. While the "low level" infrastructure for add-ons is stable, I'm going to make some further refinements to make it easier to write add-ons. What this means is you can write an add-on today and expect the core parts to remain the same, if you can wait a little while it will be easier and you won't need to fine-tune you add-on once I make changes. At present all add-ons are within Roo's SVN tree so I have an easy time with refactoring, as I can just fix up any breakages that might occur. I just don't want to cause breakages for external people where I can't fix up any issues my changes create.

When I make the add-on changes, I'll add some information to the new reference guide. I'm also presenting a session at SpringOne USA this year on add-on development, so it will definitely be stable well before then.

Comment

Working...
    X