X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSGi / Spring-DM Project support

Are there plans to support OSGi / Spring-DM Roo projects?

For me it is desirable to have modular web applications and not only to build as WAR but also to build a standalone web application, i.e. bundled with Equinox or Felix Karaf.

Yes, this is something we are looking into. As you may know OSGi requires quite some structural changes in your project layout so this is certainly not trivial to do.

So this is something on our radar but we will look into that after the Roo 1.0 GA release.

Regards,
    Stefan

Comment

What do you see as the big structural changes? Could you elaborate. I haven't used ROO yet (just investigating), but there were very minimal changes to my module structure after switching to OSGi except for location of configuration files (I use standard maven layout). I normally have a single component/service per module and separate my web-tier.

Comment

We also have had Bundlor support in Roo for a couple of versions now, and the sample script (see samples directory) shows how to turn your Roo-generated project into an OSGi-deployable application.

Comment

Working...
        X