X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roo independent src distribution

Hi all, is there a way to create a roo - & “roo-injected-aspectj” independent source distribution?
    So, no .aj files, no *_Roo_* files, only .java files without the “roo aspect” code.

At this stage of the roo project, I would really like to use roo to generate the boilerplate code and take off from there to build the rest (flex front-end, DTO’s , ERD modifications driven refactorings, …).

Is this possible?

Kind regards,
    David

you can just remove the @Roo* annotations from your entities and this should remove all the aspect files...

Comment

Hi David,

You can remove all Roo artifacts from your project by deleting the @Roo* annotations from your sources (as mentioned above). Further you may want to push the java code residing in the aspects (.aj) files and do some minor editing to the code to make it valid java code. Essentially you need to remove all Class name prefixes from field names and method signatures.

The new release of AJDT (shipped as pre-installed plugin for the free SpringSource tool suite) will offer this push-in refactoring conveniently via your develpment environment. Here is a preview of this new feature:

http://contraptionsforprogramming.bl...-for-ajdt.html

You may notice the project used in the screenshots in Andrews blog .

Cheers,
      Stefan

Comment

Nice, that push-in refactoring looks great :-)
        thanks for the feedback!

Do you think it could be made available through a maven plugin or roo command (the latter would obviously be weird :-)

Comment

Hi.

Originally posted by vdbdavid View Post
          Nice, that push-in refactoring looks great :-)
          thanks for the feedback!

Do you think it could be made available through a maven plugin or roo command (the latter would obviously be weird :-)
          I also thought about requesting this feature and I do not think it is that weird. Even though you loose the rapid-development support provided by Roo, it would be great to just prototype the infrastructure, entities and security model etc. and then 'pull out' all the Roo-related stuff in order to go on with manual work on the project.

This would even allow to rapidly perform the initial setup of a project for customers who would perhaps not allow Roo being used for the development in general.

So +1 for this request, I think it is a really neat idea.

Cheers,
          Axel

Comment

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-222

Comment

Working...
            X