Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding missing and new jars

Hi people

love Roo first of all. Trying my first project right now with and i have a problem that when i try to deploy from STS to Tomcat that i get a hsql.jar is missing error.

PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationExceptio n: Property 'driverClassName' threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not load JDBC driver class [org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver]
    at org.springframework.beans.AbstractPropertyAccessor .setPropertyValues(AbstractPropertyAccessor.java:1 02)
    at org.springframework.beans.AbstractPropertyAccessor .setPropertyValues(AbstractPropertyAccessor.java:5 8)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(Abs tractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1275)
    ... 30 more
    Can anyone tell me how i can add that jar?

Also i wanna add the spring web services jars. Is there a way to add those in STS?

Thank you
    Last edited by gerch123; Jun 8th, 2009, 08:42 PM.

Hi,

Can you describe which steps you took to generate the project? Did you use the seperate Roo shell or the Roo shell integrated in STS?

In case you use the shell you need to run 'mvn eclipse:eclipse' which should pull in all dependencies into your classpath. Then you can import the project into STS.

If you can provide more detailed steps we should be able to tell you what is going wrong.

Milestone releases of STS 2.1.x ship with the m2eclipse plugin installed so you could use that to manage and add new dependencies (such as Spring Web Services).

-Stefan

Comment

Hey

I used the seperate roo shell.
      • created a new project
      • got all my entities and controllers
      • exited and put mvn eclipse:eclipse
      • imported it into STS

if i run the command mvn tomcat:run everything works fine... just from STS it breaks if i use the "run on server" command

ill guess ill just try some more...

Comment

Hmm that is weird.

The mvn eclipse:eclipse command should create the correct classpath entries for STS. Can you see the HSQL jar under the 'Maven Dependencies' leaf in your project tree in STS? If so, can you 'remove' the project from your server tab, then 'clean' the server, stop it and then redeploy the project to the server again? This has helped me in the past for similar problems.

-Stefan

Comment

Working...
        X