Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Eclipse/STS may incorrectly report error messages for classes w/ Roo-codegeneration Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse/STS may incorrectly report error messages for classes w/ Roo-codegeneration

Today (after quite some searching) I found an error in Eclipse's AspectJ tooling:

The reconciling part of the AJDT chokes on unnecessary fully qualified classnames, i.e. if an aspect declares a package and later references a class inside that very package using a fully qualified classname.

Example:

Code:
    package foo.bar;

public class Baz {
    }

Code:
    package foo.bar;

public aspect Baz_AJ {

public int foo.bar.Baz.hi;

}

In such a case, AJDT thinks that that "hi" field is not called "hi", but rather "bar". The same is true for methods.

Handcrafted aspects are unlikely to contain such unnecessary fully qualified names, but code created by Roo is full of it. Bummer!

Fortunately, the code compiles and executes as expected, but if you experience strange errors while editing a Roo project in an Eclipse-based IDE (such as STS), don't worry too much about such errors.

If you are interested: I've made a bug report under https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=279439 and the bug has been confirmed, but currently it is uncertain if the next version of AJDT will fix this problem.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Indeed AJDT has integrated a number of fixes due to feedback given by us (and you ). From the bug comments you can see that Andrew has fixed this particular bug and it should be available in the current AJDT nightly release as well as the upcoming public release.

-Stefan

Comment

Hi,

I just downloaded the development release 20090609 of the AJDT and Roo's generated code now works like a charm even in Eclipse's quickfixes and autocomplete.

Andreas

Comment

Great! Thanks for the feedback! Andrew does a great job on AJDT. The next release will contain a lot of fixes / features that make Roo projects in Eclipse much more smooth.

-Stefan

Comment

Working...
        X