X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing req lib error STS 2.1.0

As a .Net dev I'am new to java, spring, roo have been using eclipse for flex I'am a bit lost

always get this error when I import roo sample project into eclipse
    Description Resource Path Location Type
    Project 'petclinic' is missing required library: '/Users/sigurthorhalldorsson/.m2/repository/org/springframework/roo/roo-annotations/1.0.0.A2/roo-annotations-1.0.0.A2.jar' petclinic Build path Build Path Problem

I imported it as as Maven project it did not work to import it as "General > Existing Project into Workspace" if I browse to the folder the file is there.

help!

Did you verify /Users/sigurthorhalldorsson/.m2/repository/org/springframework/roo/roo-annotations/1.0.0.A2/roo-annotations-1.0.0.A2.jar actually exists on disk?

As per the readme you'll need to manually install the roo-annotations-1.0.0.A2.jar that shipped with Roo. The readme contains the command you need to enter to install it. I see you're on a Mac, so you do it by:
    Code:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.springframework.roo \
      -DartifactId=roo-annotations -Dversion=1.0.0.A2 -Dpackaging=jar \
      -Dfile=$ROO_HOME/dist/roo-annotations-1.0.0.A2.jar
    Hope this helps.

Comment

m4e use case doesn't seem to work though

Hi,

I was a bit surprised to see that we have to do Maven magic for the annotations jar, when you could just put it in the repositories that Roo adds to the pom anyway.

My situation is that I'm trying STS 2.1.0M1 with the Roo plugin.

Instead of having Maven generate my Eclipse project, I'm in Eclipse.

Once Roo has generated the POM, I selected Maven 2 -> Use Maven for dependency management.

Manually running "mvn clean test" works on the command line, so it seems that STS's Maven implementation has issues.

Is this use case supported?

BTW. Loading the same workspace in e3.5rc1 + IAM 0.10 does resolve the dependencies.

Comment

We've published the Spring Roo annotations from release 1.0.0.M1 and above in a public Maven repository, therefore avoiding the manual installation requirement.

Comment

Thanks.

That works a treat.

Comment

Working...
          X