Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download link broken

Hi,

i am exploring technologies and frameworks for a web application project and wanted to give Spring Roo a try.
    However, the download link seems to be broken - in fact, it is not a link at all, it just looks like one.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,
    Niels

Verified. I will notify my contacts at VMware and see if anyone can do something quickly. But for now:

Do you have a mac? If so, and you're using homebrew (a MUST install software packaging utility) you can do brew install spring-roo and get version 1.2.3.RELEASE. You should also check apt-get if you're a unix developer, although I doubt that the version there is up to date.

Here is the URL for the software on Amazon S3 for everyone else - it works just by pasting it into a browser:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/dist.springf....3.RELEASE.zip

Ken

Comment

I am using several linux distros, no mac here. Downloading Roo now from the provided URL.

FYI, i am currently sitting on a Ubuntu machine using only standard repositories and an apt-cache search libspring does not show anything for Spring Roo, just the usual Spring libraries .

Thank you for your efforts, krimple.
      Niels

Comment

Any time, Niels.

I wasn't sure about Ubuntu.

BTW to get you going after you download...

ln -s <path-to-roo>/bin/roo.sh /usr/local/bin/roo

(or the reverse, I can never remember those things).

Then when you do a 'roo' command it should come up. Make sure you have your JAVA_HOME set and Maven 3.x installed and in the path, with the M2_HOME variable set and $M2_HOME/bin in the path.

Ken

Comment

Working...
        X