Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are samples (pizza.roo, bikeshop.roo, clicnic.roo...)?

I just bought the book "Spring Roo in Action" and downloaded the source code.

I was very disappointed that I don't see
    pizza.roo
    bikeshop.roo
    clinic.roo
    embedding.roo
    expenses.roo
    multimodule.roo
    vote.roo
    wedding.roo

Where are these?

Here is what I can find. I have tried pizzashopactiverecord.roo and that produces lots of errors (I cannot add a topping, for example -- it is having trouble creating the tables and the UI keeps wanting send json code to the browser and the browser does know how to display it). I'm so disappointed! Where are these other examples that are listed on page 12 (and I listed above).

./chapter-01-intro/pizzashop-activerecord/pizzashopactiverecord.roo
    ./chapter-09-testing/votesecure/votesecure.roo
    ./chapter-13-cloud-computing/chapter-13_CloudComputing_RooCommands.roo
    ./chapter-14-integration/chapter-12_spring-integration-roo-commands.roo

Thanks
    Siegfried

Originally posted by siegfried View Post
    I just bought the book "Spring Roo in Action" and downloaded the source code.

I was very disappointed that I don't see
    pizza.roo
    bikeshop.roo
    clinic.roo
    embedding.roo
    expenses.roo
    multimodule.roo
    vote.roo
    wedding.roo

Where are these?

Here is what I can find. I have tried pizzashopactiverecord.roo and that produces lots of errors (I cannot add a topping, for example -- it is having trouble creating the tables and the UI keeps wanting send json code to the browser and the browser does know how to display it). I'm so disappointed! Where are these other examples that are listed on page 12 (and I listed above).

./chapter-01-intro/pizzashop-activerecord/pizzashopactiverecord.roo
    ./chapter-09-testing/votesecure/votesecure.roo
    ./chapter-13-cloud-computing/chapter-13_CloudComputing_RooCommands.roo
    ./chapter-14-integration/chapter-12_spring-integration-roo-commands.roo

Thanks
    Siegfried
    Siegfried - I will be glad to help. First of all, the ones you refer to in the beginning are available in the Roo installation under scripts - they are just text files with the samples themselves.

What version of Roo are you using? I've tested the samples against 1.2.2 but haven't made a push for 1.2.3 quite yet - other work has been intruding. If anything is broken I'll work on it and coordinate with my co-author.

The best place to pull the samples from it GitHub BTW. That's because if we make changes they will go there first. See https://github.com/krimple/spring-ro...ction-examples for details.

Again, my apologies - we have a book forum over on Manning if you want to report issues with specific examples, and readers who also help with questions too.

Best

Ken

Comment

Working...
    X