X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub List of Related Entities in Form

Apologies if this appears twice - the last submit didn't appear to work.

I have an entity called Issue which has a set (collection) of Comment entities.
    The relationship is (currently) bidirectional.
    When I create or update an Issue I would like to create / update / delete related comments, but at the moment the automatically created form says that the relationship is managed from the other side. I have to submit a new Issue then create a Comment and set the issue relationship to point to an existing issue. Fine for me, but too complicated for the average user.

I'm guessing Roo can't automatically create this sort of form (although I think it would make Roo much more attractive if it could)?

If I have to do it myself what is the best way to go about it? I'm use to programming in Spring and Hibernate. I'm a relative beginner at Roo.

I'm not even sure what to call this feature. Filemaker Pro calls them portals, but that could get it confused with portlets. A nested list or sub list is probably along the right lines, but searching for that creates lots of false positives. Is the a better name?

Reg.

I wonder if making the comment an element collection would work.
    I'll give it a try and let you know.
    I originall wanted to use an embeddable but couldn't see a way to create it from the roo command line.
    I'll try manually adding the annotation and see what happens.

Comment

Try with gvNIX Web MVC Screen Patterns:

https://code.google.com/p/gvnix/wiki/DocPattern

Regards !

Comment

Looks good - thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X