Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS/Roo installation and configuration

Hi, all

I'm taking a look at roo as a candidate for replacing a legacy Investment Banking application.

I have some (real world) sample java classes and SQL tables and want to create a simple clickable listing screen with an edit pop-up page, and have change persistency.

So far I have installed STS, Maven, Hibernate, roo 1.2.3 (not being aware STS has roo 1.2.2!?!), Tomcat and Git.

When I start STS, and select 'Spring Roo Project', I am told roo isn't configured. ("No Roo installation configured"). Browsing to it's install is OK, but it flashes an (unreadable) error briefly to the screen. Git is complaining about the HOME setting too. Install, uninstall, install, uninstall. Doesn't shift the message. Roo is now complaining that "No PackagingProvider found with the ID 'eclipse-feature'". Great.

My plan was to load roo, take a look at the Ten-Minute (LOL) app, and other samples as a Proof of Concept dev platform, try out our own classes/tables, wrap up and present my findings.

I have been at this for nine hours now, and have not even got the 'ten-minutes' application (LOL) to work.

I'm setting this up on a Windows XP laptop, which has sufficed for other "PoCs".

My fingers are raw from searching articles, and, frankly, my head hurts.

Any clues? Is there a single point in STS/roo that says 'start here', where the instructions work?

T.

Update:

Clarity of thought moment. I want to see roo in full flight (I spent the remainder of my day reading up on STS/roo. *Lots* to like.

Cleardown. Clean. Install Java 7, J2EE 1.4. Install Tomcat, STS, Maven, Git.

I will be documenting everything, each step of the way, checkpointing at each stage to verify it's hanging together.

Will update. May take several days ... will be worth it.

Clues welcome!

T.

[If a job's worth doing ...]

Comment

Working...
    X