X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RooBot Eclipse Service is not available

I'm new to roo and every time i try to update or install a plugin I get an error: "RooBot Eclipse Service is not available."

Anyone know why?

Originally posted by herbison View Post
    I'm new to roo and every time i try to update or install a plugin I get an error: "RooBot Eclipse Service is not available."

Anyone know why?
    Which version of Roo are you trying, and what add-on? Do you have a cut/paste text of your interactions? I tried installing a few add-ons with Roo 1.2.3 and the RooBot was up today.

Ken

Comment

Installing existing add-ons is working OK for me. However, I had to turn the Roobot server off a couple of weeks ago to prevent the Roobot.xml and Roobot.xml.zip from being truncated due to flakiness in the Roobot code when a spam email hits it mail account. This means for now that no new add-ons can be registered. I can get it turned back on if it is a show stopper for people, however, there is the risk that if Roobot falls over again, then no add-ons at all will be available for downloading
      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by krimple View Post
        Which version of Roo are you trying, and what add-on? Do you have a cut/paste text of your interactions? I tried installing a few add-ons with Roo 1.2.3 and the RooBot was up today.

Ken
        Thanks for replying Ken.
        I'm using 1.2.2 in springsource 3.1.0.

I tried running:
        addon install bundle --bundleSymbolicName org.springframework.roo.addon.git;1.2.3.RELEASE

if i try it from the shell within STS I get:
        Could not find specified bundle with symbolic name: org.springframework.roo.addon.git;1.2.3.RELEASE

and if i try it from the package manager i get the error:
        One or more install operations failed.
        Installation of org.springframework.roo.addon.git[1.2.3.RELEASE] failed
        RooBot Eclipse Service is not available.

Comment

Installing addons, roo 1.2.3, seems to work okay from the window cmd shell but not from the internal STS Roo shell.
          With this in mind i went to my STS roo project, after installed git from the command line with Roo, thinking (hoping) it would then be visible inside STS, but it was not.

Comment

Having the same issue

has this issue been fixed?
            Regards,
            BP

Comment

PS:Apparently not yet :-(
              Just tried it again, same response of:
              "Could not find specified bundle with symbolic name: org.springframework.roo.addon.git"

Comment

Working...
              X