X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo and Scripted.js

Are there any plans for Roo to output artefacts for Scripted? I hope that, like Roo generates controllers and views for Spring back end, it would not be a big effort to also, or optionaly, output something to be wired together by scripted?

A problem with putting more control into the client is that you have to duplicate (triplicate / quad.....) logic. Roo generating to multiple targets helps - you have the rule / logic once in Roo, but implemented in 2 (or more places).

Hi Greg,

Not that I've heard.

At some point a good lite MVC add-on would be really good to put together - something that functions closer to Grails, and that has a pluggable JS component layer. I personally would love straight JSPs, a configurable layout engine (the newer Thymeleaf layouts etc) and more control over the layout components. I don't care much about bi-directional sync - that's interesting but eventually you'll get to the point where you need a web abstraction / value object approach and then things start to diverge into coding anyway.

If something like that existed, someone could install jQuery UI components, Scripted, Sencha Touch components, YUI components, etc, the same way Grails does it.

Comment

Working...
    X