Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Roo on STS 3.1.0 - command "jpa setup ..." was found but is not currently available Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo on STS 3.1.0 - command "jpa setup ..." was found but is not currently available

Hi all

I am starting this thread as the sales pitch for ROO is you can get something in running in 10 minutes, so 1 hour later - help!

If the claims on rapid progress hadn't been so bold, perhaps I would have struggled on a bit longer, but at this pace I think I really must have missed something. Also am raising in the forum as it will help others, and perhaps help the documentation which contains the common traits of assuming too much knowledge on the part of the reader.

I am trying to do the basic exercises as indicated in the video...
    http://s3.springsource.com/MRKT/roo/...inutes_Roo.mov

and http://eiconsulting.blogspot.co.uk/2...framework.html

I tried the steps in the latter thread on STS 3.1.0 on Mac OS X 10.8.2 (Lion). Unfortunately I fell at almost the first hurdle.

On entering the command:-
    roo> jpa setup --provider HIBERNATE --database HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY

I got the error:-
    Command 'jpa setup --provider HIBERNATE --database HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY' was found but is not currently available (type 'help' then ENTER to learn about this command)

Now a few questions which I can't find answered anywhere:-
    1. How does the (STS) roo shell window know the current project context (and having created a roo project in STS, how do you set context to that project via the roo command line)
    2. why do I get the errors in the markers window including "Project x is missing required source folder: src/main/java, etc - are these important?
    3. When I type control+space, why do I get no auto-complete? (is this an OS X thing)

Hope you can help as this looks like a cool tool.

OK so I have now switched to STS 2.9.2 and Roo 1.2.3. All is now working and the above problems have all gone away. I don't know which one of these changes cured the problem, but here is a stack which works on OS X 10.8.2 (BTW with JRE as shown below) Cheers.

java version "1.6.0_37"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_37-b06-434-11M3909)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.12-b01-434, mixed mode)

Comment

Working...
    X