Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems working with the Roo shell and STS

Hello,

I am using the Roo shell 1.2.3 release and STS 2.92 to start a new enterprise app.

Problem I am having is with the project as imported into STS. When I make changes either in the shell or in STS and refresh the project in STS, I see the following:

Errors occurred during the build.
    Errors running builder 'Spring Project Builder' on project 'srvcspctrm'.
    Expecting non-static method org.eclipse.ajdt.core.javaelements.AspectJMemberEl ement.escapeMementoName(Ljava/lang/StringBuffer;Ljava/lang/StringV

I imported the project into STS after running >perform eclipse in the roo shell. It was not clear whether I had to run this (I use m2e 1.2) but I got lots of problems when I tried to import as an existing maven project.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    --bill

'perform eclipse' uses the maven-eclipse-plugin (ie executes mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse) and this is the preferred approach. We have had various issues with m2e and do not recommend it.
    Alan

Comment

Follow-up

Originally posted by Alan Stewart View Post
      'perform eclipse' uses the maven-eclipse-plugin (ie executes mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse) and this is the preferred approach. We have had various issues with m2e and do not recommend it.
      Alan
      Thanks for your reply. Could you give me some advise as to how I should proceed? I want to use Roo in conjunction with STS. The current instance of STS, which I have been using for some time, has been configured over that time to build and deploy many projects all utilizing m2e. If I replaced m2e on that instance with the maven-eclipse plugin I fear that I would cause more issues than I would solve.

Would my best approach be to install a second instance of STS for exclusive use with Roo projects? This instance would use the earlier implementation maven-eclipse.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

--Bill

Comment

Working...
      X