X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing javaparser

I'm currently in the process of replacing javaparser with my new project antlr-java-parser which supports JDK7. My question is, should I create a new wrapping project, or replace the existing one? In the end, my new project should replace the need for javaparser, so for now, I'm using the javaparser wrapper.

Also, to develop locally, I've had to hack the jars around a bit since spring-roo references dependencies from the maven central repository. Is there a better way to locally develop code that requires changes in both spring-roo and spring-roo-wrapping?

Originally posted by mikedehaan View Post
    ...should I create a new wrapping project, or replace the existing one?
    To answer my own question, do not replace the existing javaparser wrapper. Instead, consider it deprecated and create a new one. When the time comes, after integration/testing/etc, the old wrapper may be removed, but leave it now just in case we need to switch back.

Comment

Use the local repository

The best answer I've found for my second issue has been to add my local maven repository to the spring-roo pom.xml

Code:
              <repository>
                  <id>my</id>
      	    <url>file://C:/Users/MyUserName/.m2/repository</url>
              </repository>
      Then run mvn install on the spring-roo-wrapper projects I've modified.

Comment

Roo console is an OSGI environment and javaparser an OSGi bundle.
        You can uninstall the old javaparser bundle and install the new one with console commands:

* osgi ...
        * addon ...

Another option is to install the new javaparser bundle with a newer version.
        Then other bundles that requires it will use the new version if no version is specified in their requirements.

Regards !

Comment

Working...
        X