Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimizing Spring ROO

Hi,

I'm just begun with this IDE and the problem is my memori space. I'm using the 2.7.2 release and I have 2GB memory.

Can you give me some suggestions for to get that Spring ROO do not use extra memory space? I'm my last execution, it arrived more than 1 GB!!

Thank you so much

I am no expert, but since no one else has answered, it might be helpful to know that I had memory trouble with a 4 gig machine. As far as I can tell this not Roo specifically but Eclipse. I went to 8 gig and then still had to search forums for memory settings that worked. I also broke my one large project into smaller ones, just to keep the build times reasonable.

Comment

Have you verified that your JPA settings don't load ALL fetchable objects that your query can bring back via its relationships? If this is a complex model, then you don't want to keep everything in memory bur rather lookup objects when you need them. There's a good primer in the "Spring Roo in Action" book by Ken Rimple & Srini Penchikala about this.

IMHO, one cannot develop bigger real world Roobuilt Spring applications without understanding JPA.

Comment

Originally posted by MiB View Post
        IMHO, one cannot develop bigger real world Roobuilt Spring applications without understanding JPA.
        I agree very much with this statement. I did some JPA reading in "Spring Roo in Action" and I understand much more that I did when I had looked at roo years ago and passed.

Comment

Working...
        X