Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
database reverse engineering with string fixed length primary key hibernate and mysql Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• database reverse engineering with string fixed length primary key hibernate and mysql

I am using roo's database reverse engineering with a class that has a string of fixed length as the primary key

I am also using hibernate and mysql

I'm an getting an error that that field can not be null, it seems that a key is not being generated automatically, where should I look for my problem?

Originally posted by melutovich View Post
    I am using roo's database reverse engineering with a class that has a string of fixed length as the primary key

I am also using hibernate and mysql

I'm an getting an error that that field can not be null, it seems that a key is not being generated automatically, where should I look for my problem?
    Ok I found my problem in that mysql does not generate automatically string primary keys. That AUTO-INCREMENT does not apply on strings.

NEW question, is there a way to tell roo that these primary keys should be exposed on the user interface so that I can manually specify a PK at time of creation?

Comment

Working...
    X