Clear All

• Multi-Module DBRE issue

Hi,

I'd like to have a four module setup.

- Model - JPA
    - Api - MVC
    - Admin - MVC
    - WWW - MVC

So they would ideally all share the JPA, Service layer in Model.

#project --topLevelPackage com.example --packaging POM
    #module create --moduleName model --topLevelPackage ~.model
    #module focus --moduleName ~
    #module create --moduleName api --topLevelPackage ~.api
    #module create --moduleName admin --topLevelPackage ~.admin
    #module create --moduleName www --topLevelPackage ~.www

So with the four modules setup I change focus to Model to do the BDRE.

#persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database MYSQL

Then I edit the database.properties to the correct settings.

#database reverse engineer --package ~.domain --activeRecord true --schema no-schema-required

Then I create a Service

#service --interface ~.service.Tests --entity ~.domain.Tests

Change the focus to the Admin and setup mvc

#web mvc setup
    #web mvc scaffold --class ~.web.TestController --backingType model|com.example.model.domain.Tests

Then quit roo and execute

#mvn tomcat:run

When I click on CreateTest or ListTest I get the error message

"Requested Resource Not Found
    Sorry, we did not find the resource you were looking for."

When I log back into roo it automatically does some updates and then the model and then generates following bu

Description Resource Path Location Type
    The method deleteTests(Tests) is undefined for the type Tests TestController_Roo_Controller.aj /admin/src/main/java/net/example/admin/web line 103 Java Problem
    The method saveTests(Tests) is undefined for the type Tests TestController_Roo_Controller.aj /admin/src/main/java/net/example/admin/web line 50 Java Problem
    The method getName() is undefined for the type Tests ApplicationConversionServiceFactoryBean_Roo_Conver sionService.aj /admin/src/main/java/net/example/admin/web line 23 Java Problem
    The type new Converter<Tests,String>(){} must implement the inherited abstract method Converter<Tests,String>.convert(Tests) ApplicationConversionServiceFactoryBean_Roo_Conver sionService.aj /admin/src/main/java/net/example/admin/web line 21 Java Problem
    The method updateTests(Tests) is undefined for the type Tests TestController_Roo_Controller.aj /admin/src/main/java/net/example/admin/web line 90 Java Problem
    The method getCreated() is undefined for the type Tests ApplicationConversionServiceFactoryBean_Roo_Conver sionService.aj /admin/src/main/java/net/example/admin/web line 23 Java Problem
    The method getModified() is undefined for the type Tests ApplicationConversionServiceFactoryBean_Roo_Conver sionService.aj /admin/src/main/java/net/example/admin/web line 23 Java Problem
    The method getCreatedby() is undefined for the type Tests ApplicationConversionServiceFactoryBean_Roo_Conver sionService.aj /admin/src/main/java/net/example/admin/web line 23 Java Problem
    Type mismatch: cannot convert from net.example.model.service.Tests to net.example.model.domain.Tests ApplicationConversionServiceFactoryBean_Roo_Conver sionService.aj /admin/src/main/java/net/example/admin/web line 39 Java Problem

Are there any working examples of using multi module with DBRE ?

Thanks,
    Tim.
Working...
X