Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question

Hi All,

I'm just getting my feet wet developing in Java, and I've became fond of roo and the Spring Framework to help me along.

I know this is a novice question for most any programmer, (as I am novice I suppose any question is lol)

I have an entity I created named ~.domain.SalesOrder

This entity is the primary container for my, as you may have guessed, Sales Orders.

Within this entity I have a field named salesTechnician.

I need this salesTechnican field to be automatically filled in according to the username (right now I just do it as a drop drown many to one using the field reference --type ~.domain.SalesTechnican type.)

additionally I want to only allow that particular Sales Technician to see the records linked to his username.

So this all ties in to Spring Security some how, and I haven't really been clear on how to do that. I'm just learning all this stuff.

Doesn't sound like something that's all that hard to do, I just don't know how to even search for how to do it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Gary Stewart
    Last edited by gstewart; Oct 25th, 2012, 07:25 PM.

I'm guessing this is part of it.
    Code:
    SecurityContextHolder.getContext().getAuthentication().getName();
    I don't even know what forum to ask this in. Spring Security, or where.

So auto fill a field with the currently logged in user, and allow that user only to see the records that he submitted.
    But of course allow the Office Staff to see all orders.
    Last edited by gstewart; Oct 22nd, 2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X