Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating issue for newbie - src directories missing

Hi,
    Just trying to get into Roo as it looks really neat, however trying to follow very simple tutorial with the shell but when I try I get the following output.
    Code:
    project --topLevelPackage com.tenminutes

Created ROOT/pom.xml
    Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES
    Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/log4j.properties
    Created SPRING_CONFIG_ROOT
    Created SPRING_CONFIG_ROOT/applicationContext.xml
    I was expecting to get

Code:
    roo> project --topLevelPackage com.tenminutes
    Created /home/balex/ten-minutes/pom.xml
    Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA
    Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES
    Created SRC_TEST_JAVA
    Created SRC_TEST_RESOURCES
    Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP
    Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/META-INF/spring
    Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/META-INF/spring/applicationContext.xml
    what am I doing wrong where I don't get the java, text and webapp directories created?

I am running Arch Linux 64 with sun java 1.6 (removed openjdk as I thought that was the issue), maven 2.2.1 so I think I have all the dependencies.
    No errors are shown when starting the shell and I get the same problem if trying this through the Eclipse (v3.7) new roo project wizard.

Help!

Thanks
    Conrad

I think this folders are created when your command need to create files there:
    By example:

* src/main/java: entity jpa ...
    * src/test/java: test ...
    * src/main/webapp: web mvc scaffold ...

Comment

[Solved] Frustrating issue for newbie - src directories missing

Hi,
      you're absolutely correct. Appropriate directories created when needed i.e. when the next steps are taken - entity creation, test creation etc.
      All tutorials out there don't seem to reflect this, perhaps this is something that is only true in later versions of Roo. Not important really, just when following tutorials I like to know cause and effect, particularly when starting off with something new.
      Thanks though, at least I can start exploring...
      Conrad

Comment

Conrad,

Yep, you're right. In the Roo in Action quick start chapter (2) I dive right in and create an entity right after creating the project, so the SRC_MAIN_JAVA et al directories get created for me. It would be good to have a note in there somewhere about the fact that the directories are created as-needed.

I'll put that on my next pBook revision list.

if I'm in a hurry and just want the spring infrastructure, I may just create a class with

roo> class --class ~.Demo

and then delete it...

or mkdir -p src/test/java/...package structure...

Ken

Comment

Ken,
          Thanks for the confirmation. I have run through the tutorial now too and was extremely easy to follow and all went according to instructions. I'm new to Spring too so that is something else to work on although dependency injection isn't completely new as have done some Seam with Hibernate.
          Thanks again
          Conrad

Comment

Working...
          X