Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PUT requests failing from RestTemplate to Roo generate JSON restful web service Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUT requests failing from RestTemplate to Roo generate JSON restful web service

I've built a very simple restful JSON web service using the Roo shell that comes with STS Version: 3.0.0.201208090952-RELEASE.

I've configured a client using the RestTemplate with a MappingJacksonHttpMessageConverter and this is working nicely for GETs, POSTs and DELETEs.

The issue I'm hitting is with PUT operations, they do not supply a "ReponseType" to the HttpEntityRequestCallback and so default "Accept" headers are used for the the PUT request.

Alas the MVC Web + JSON web service I built with Roo then routes the call to the HTML controller and not the JSON controller.

As Roo is in charge of the controllers I am relying on the request mappings to "just work".
    • Should I be trying to force the RestTemplate to set "Accept: application/json" for PUTs? (If so, how?)
    • Has Roo got the controller request mapping wrong? It is currently set to "@RequestMapping(method = RequestMethod.PUT, headers = "Accept=application/json")" for the json controller.
    • Or maybe its just me that's at fault ...

Any advice welcome!
    Thanks.

Just to add ... PUTs via Curl are working fine.

Comment

I've solved the issue by using an alternative PUT method in the rest template which allows me to override the "accept" header by passing in an HttpEntity.

ttfn.

Comment

Can you add a JIRA issue for this as a bug in the REST support?

Comment

Working...
        X