Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats is the easiest server to deploy to?

Hi All,

Whats is the easiest application server to deploy a spring roo to?

The company I work for supports jboss 4.2.2, Glassfish 3.1.1 and Tomcat 7

The glass fish deployment I just tried didn't go so well, JTA / RESOURCE_LOCAL problems.

Although I can see some way around this problem, I would be happier if can just "mvn package" and be done with it.

PS;
    I'm using the following jpa setup:

jpa setup --provider HIBERNATE --database ORACLE --hostName some.server --databaseName MYSID --userName me --password secret

With Tomcat you will have less problems, i think.
    In a lot of applications developed, we have not issues with it.

Regards !

Comment

Thanks mmartinez, that sounds good.

When I deployed my app into Glassfish 3.1 today, it caused our development server to completely crash (tried a couple of times, same result).
      Who knows what the fault is, all I know is my team mates weren't too happy with me

Our Sys admin says he only prefers we use Glassfish so he doesn't have to deploy the war file for us.

I don't know Tomcat at all, but I would imagine a developer could deploy their own war file surely??

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jcam View Post
        I don't know Tomcat at all, but I would imagine a developer could deploy their own war file surely??
        Yes, you can deploy your war into "webapp" tomcat subfolder and application will start automatically.
        Tomcat has a admin application too that allows you manage "webapps" (install, start, stop, ...) from a web interface.

Go to Tomcat web page for more information
        Regards !

Comment

Working...
        X