Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• addon list ===> No add-ons known. Are you online?

Tried version 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 of Roo.
    Tired standalone (terminal in Ubuntu), STS 2.9 and STS 3.0
    Tried Windows 7, OSX 10.6, Ubuntu

I would like to install addon after creating a new roo project.
    It keep telling me there is no any addons.. (btw i would like to install vaadin addon)
    I can add trust public key but addon list or addon search returned same message..("are you online?")

I googled 2 days and found a proxy related bug reported so I make a proxy server..
    still not succeed..same error message.

Help..

The shell output is shown below:

Code:
    roo> addon list
    No add-ons known. Are you online? Try the 'download status' command
    roo> download status

**** DOWNLOAD CONSENT GRANTED ****

You have previously accepted the Spring User Agent Analysis (UAA) Terms of Use
    as displayed at http://www.springsource.org/uaa/terms_of_use. There is also a
    FAQ available at http://www.springsource.org/uaa/faq.

This means that all Spring Roo download functions are enabled. All applicable
    add-on discovery and installation commands are fully enabled.

keep telling me
    Code:
    Spring Roo automatic add-on discovery service currently unavailable
    though I have already
    Code:
    download accept terms of use
    Last edited by mfkenson; Sep 6th, 2012, 06:08 AM.

I'm getting the same. Would appreciate any help.

Comment

I'm in the same situation here

Comment

surprised to see that i am not alone..
        i think it is related to this issue..hope the team could fix it soon..

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-3184

Comment

same here,
          using a fresh download of STS 3 incl roo
          but if I get it right, according to the bug 3184, no roo version will work properly, right?
          I can't believe this is open since June!
          Has anyone tried the manual work around?

Also the documentation doesn't see to be in sync with the code-
          Is the project abandoned anyway?

This is very disappointing
          Last edited by martinku; Sep 8th, 2012, 02:32 AM.

Comment

I'm getting this too, tried on a CentOS 6 and Ubuntu 12.04 both on two different internet connections. I've "download accept terms of use" and "download status" pumps out "**** DOWNLOAD CONSENT GRANTED ****"...

Nevertheless: "database introspect --schema no-schema-required" = "Spring Roo automatic add-on discovery service currently unavailable
            JDBC driver not available for 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'"

This is one of my first forrays into Spring, STS and Roo. Talk about an early roadblock on the path to enlightenment!

Can I just throw the MySQL jar at the Roo bundle dir?
            Is the Roo add-on manager supposed to list add-ons automatically, was this just a broken release?

Comment

Same here -- OSX, fresh download of STS Version: 3.0.0.RELEASE, Build Id: 201208091018, Roo 1.2.2.RELEASE [rev 7d75659]

This is my first dive into roo, rather disappointed -- this seems like either a slow bug fix OR a simple problem which hasn't been answered? I have Direct Connection set in Java prefs, and no proxy enabled in STS, so can't see how its a proxy issue...

Comment

Me too;

Tried with Java 1.7 update 5 under ubuntu 12, OSX Snow Leopard, Windows 7 and Windows XP.

Can these addon's be at least installed by hand?

I am after executable war

Comment

Same again - getting the same error STS Version: 3.0.0.RELEASE Build Id: 201208091018. The documentation seems out of sync. Not good.

Comment

I get the same with the standalone roo console... 1.2.2.RELEASE [rev 7d75659]

Comment

IS this REALLY due to a bug that's been going on since JUNE?!!! (https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-3184)? Is there some OTHER way to install ROO addons, or is Roo simply that little used in the world that a 3 month outage on addons hasn't caused more demands for a fix? (I know that sounds like a troll, but is an honest question!)

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell Berry View Post
                        IS this REALLY due to a bug that's been going on since JUNE?!!! (https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-3184)? Is there some OTHER way to install ROO addons, or is Roo simply that little used in the world that a 3 month outage on addons hasn't caused more demands for a fix? (I know that sounds like a troll, but is an honest question!)
                        I don't think it sounds trollish at all. I'm guessing new developers to Roo just ignore this and move on and seasoned developers have a workaround. Or perhaps you are correct, nobody is actually using it in production?

Comment

Originally posted by ggn06awu View Post
                          I'm getting this too, tried on a CentOS 6 and Ubuntu 12.04 both on two different internet connections. I've "download accept terms of use" and "download status" pumps out "**** DOWNLOAD CONSENT GRANTED ****"...

Nevertheless: "database introspect --schema no-schema-required" = "Spring Roo automatic add-on discovery service currently unavailable
                          JDBC driver not available for 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'"

This is one of my first forrays into Spring, STS and Roo. Talk about an early roadblock on the path to enlightenment!

Can I just throw the MySQL jar at the Roo bundle dir?
                          Is the Roo add-on manager supposed to list add-ons automatically, was this just a broken release?
                          See comments of the ROO-3184 ticket for a possible workaround using the "osgi start" command to install the mysql jar manually. Worked for me...

Comment

Originally posted by macf View Post
                            See comments of the ROO-3184 ticket for a possible workaround using the "osgi start" command to install the mysql jar manually. Worked for me...
                            I too have this issue. Same STS 3.0 on Windows behind a proxy. I have tried for a couple of days to resolve this. I have tried A LOT of different things but still no luck. The thing for me is that the addons are "active" from an OSGI (ps) perspective and somewhat recognized by roo ("Command 'web xxx setup, where xxx is any extra addon such as jsf' was found but is not currently available") and ("Spring Roo automatic add-on discovery service currently unavailable").

So I am asking for help on how to use addons (locally available and installed and active in OSGI) without needing the discovery service since we know that is not working. Is there a way to run "offline"?

For a little more background, all 74 addons are "active" from the osgi ps command. Several spot checked components (osgi scr info) are enabled, active. Some of the addons work and some don't. The ones that don't are the "extras" that are either springsource provided or third party.

I have verified that my download status is fine, my proxy is fine.

What else do I have to do to check to make sure I can get these running?

TIA,

Scott

Comment

Same problem here, i tried to install the vaadin plugin but i couldnt.

When i write addon list the console sais me that "No add-ons known. Are you online?"

Download status is OK

Comment

Working...
                              X