X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse engineer problem including only some tables in Oracle

I think this is not an error, but seamless.
    This is an easy but important enhancement in reverse engineer.

Make a reverse engineer in a large Oracle database with multiple schemas and include only some tables.
    If included tables has relations with not included tables an error occurs and all generated code is rollback.
    Obviously the related entity will not exists, but can generate in principal entity a single property (without relation).

Somebody has same problem ?

Execution example:

database reverse engineer --schema "AUM ADMIN" --package ~.domain --includeTables "TAUM_APLICACIONES TAUM_MODULOS TAUM_USUARIOS TAUM_USUMODULOS TAUM_APLUSU TCOM_APLICACIONES TCOM_LISTADOS TCOM_LISTADOS_CAMPOS"
    Updated SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/dbre.xml
    Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/es/gva/cit/aplusu/domain/admin
    Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/es/gva/cit/aplusu/domain/admin/TcomAplicaciones.java
    Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/es/gva/cit/aplusu/domain/admin/TcomListadosPK.java
    Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/es/gva/cit/aplusu/domain/admin/TcomListados.java
    Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/es/gva/cit/aplusu/domain/admin/TcomListadosCamposPK.java
    Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/es/gva/cit/aplusu/domain/admin/TcomListadosCampos.java
    Undo create SRC_MAIN_JAVA/es/gva/cit/aplusu/domain/admin/TcomListadosCampos.java
    Undo create SRC_MAIN_JAVA/es/gva/cit/aplusu/domain/admin/TcomListadosCamposPK.java
    Undo create SRC_MAIN_JAVA/es/gva/cit/aplusu/domain/admin/TcomListados.java
    Undo create SRC_MAIN_JAVA/es/gva/cit/aplusu/domain/admin/TcomListadosPK.java
    Undo create SRC_MAIN_JAVA/es/gva/cit/aplusu/domain/admin/TcomAplicaciones.java
    Undo create SRC_MAIN_JAVA/es/gva/cit/aplusu/domain/admin
    Undo manage SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/dbre.xml
    Foreign key table for foreign key 'FK_APLUSU_APLIC' in table 'ADMIN.TCOM_APLICACIONES' does not exist. One-to-one relationship not created

Comment

Hi - I know this is late, but have you ever found a solution to this problem? I'm faced with a similar problem

Comment

Still no solution for that?

Got exactly the same problem and started to create the entity's manual, but would be quite happier with roo executing the dbre command, so i could always repeat the command in case of database changes.

Comment

Rolling back is not specific to dbre and if it was to be prevented, it would have flow on effects for all add-ons. Using the --includeTables option is really useful for subsets of tables that contain their FK dependencies. I know it would be nice to be able to code the entity by hand in cases where some FK tables aren't included so perhaps raise a Jira improvement task for this.

Comment

I've created a jira ticket for this.

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-3445

upvote if you're affected

Comment

Working...
            X