Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo Requires JPA?

Hello all,

I apologize in advance if this is obvious and Iím just not getting it. Iím very new to spring and roo. I have been coding java part time at work for several years.

I have a need to convert several similar php scripts to java. These are batch scripts that just do some sql transformations, extract some data, format some elements and write it to xml files.

I have read several books on spring DI, AOP and DAO and played a little. Today I focused on playing with roo from the command line and from STS. Iím sure that spring will be a benefit.

I find roo cool and interesting but Iím perplexed. It tells me something like ďroo requires JPA". Why JPA? My programs will certainty use logging (logback), AOP, some DI and will greatly benefit from Spring DAO. I donít need persistence at all. Can I just ignore the message?

Thanks

Eric Palmer

Roo does require you to create at least 1 persistent entity and setup the persistence unit as well. After you've done that you're good to go.

If I recall correctly, Roo packages an in-memory database that you could use, and it comes with all the JPA provides (or most of them) packaged, it's quite painless to set it up just enough to move forward.

Comment

Working...
    X