Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Roo - DBRE h2 driver not found?

New to Roo and just naively following the "Getting Started with Roo" book tutorial.

Managed to tweak a few commands to operate correctly, but stuck on:

~.model.Customer roo> database reverse engineer --package ~.domain --schema PUBLIC
    addon search --requiresDescription "#jdbcdriver,driverclass:org.h2.Driver" found no matches
    JDBC driver not available for 'org.h2.Driver'
    ~.model.Customer roo> addon search --requiresDescription "#jdbcdriver,driverclass:org.h2.Driver"
    0 found, sorted by rank; T = trusted developer; R = Roo 1.2 compatible
    ID T R DESCRIPTION -------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [HINT] use 'addon info id --searchResultId ..' to see details about a search result
    [HINT] use 'addon install id --searchResultId ..' to install a specific search result, or
    [HINT] use 'addon install bundle --bundleSymbolicName TAB' to install a specific add-on version

~.model.Customer roo> addon search --requiresDescription
    19 found, sorted by rank; T = trusted developer; R = Roo 1.2 compatible
    ID T R DESCRIPTION -------------------------------------------------------------
    01 - Y 0.1.1 A Roo add-on that configures a Maven site.
    02 - Y 1.0.0.0001 This bundle wraps the standard Maven artifact:
    google-collections-1.0.0.
    03 - Y 9.0.0.801_jdbc4_0001 PostgreSQL #jdbcdriver
    driverclass:org.postgresql.Driver. This bundle wraps the standard...
    04 - Y 2.0.0 Addons that adds Content Negotiating View Resolver configuration
    to your application context: MVC multiple representations By default...
    05 - Y 2.0.0 The Executable WAR Addon configures the Maven project to makes it
    possible to create web applications that can be run from the command...
    06 - - 1.3.2 This project provides an addon for Spring Roo which aims to
    generate equals() and hashCode() methods.
    07 - Y 1.0.1.RELEASE Installs jQuery UI
    08 - - 0.1.4 The Http-Proxy Addon allows you to configure your web application
    to get around the Same Origin Policy restriction (e.g. cross-domain)....
    09 - Y 2.0.0.v201106070531 This bundle wraps the standard Maven artifact:
    org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2.lib-2.0.0.v201106070531.
    10 - Y 2.0.0 JAXB2 Schema complier addon. It adds the maven-jaxb2-plugin to
    your pom.xml. The plugin participates in the generate-code phase and...
    11 - Y 2.2.1 This bundle wraps the standard Maven artifact:
    org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2.lib-2.2.1.
    12 Y Y 0.1.1.RELEASE A simple add-on to allow execution of native OS commands
    from the Roo shell
    13 - Y 2.0.0.v201106070531 This bundle wraps the standard Maven artifact:
    org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib-2.0.0.v201106070531.
    14 - Y 1.1.0 Spring Security OAuth2 AutorizationServer/ResourceServer/Client
    Configuration
    15 - - 1.0.0 This project provides an addon for Spring Roo generates equals()
    and hashCode() methods. It uses Xtend2 for code generation.
    16 - Y 1.1.1 Spring Roo addon for creating rich internet applications with
    Vaadin.
    17 - Y 10.0.1.0001 This bundle wraps the standard Maven artifact:
    google-guava-10.0.1.
    18 - Y 0.9.3 Installs the Spock testing engine. You can create tests using
    Spock's Specifications, and use the Spock Spring API
    19 - Y 1.0.0.RELEASE Adds the coffeescript maven compiler
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [HINT] use 'addon info id --searchResultId ..' to see details about a search result
    [HINT] use 'addon install id --searchResultId ..' to install a specific search result, or
    [HINT] use 'addon install bundle --bundleSymbolicName TAB' to install a specific add-on version

Running Roo 1.2.1 in the 2.9.2.RELEASE of STS.

Any ideas?

Fixed it manually.

Did an osgi install of the latest jar and also added the dependency to my pom.xml (the osgi by itself
    did not work, but adding the dependency to the pom did - so, I cannot say whether both were required
    or not).

After downloading the h2 database, starting it, and creating the sample tables from a script I also found online,
    I was able to reverse engineer the entities ...

Comment

Originally posted by bnostroff View Post
      Fixed it manually.

Did an osgi install of the latest jar and also added the dependency to my pom.xml (the osgi by itself
      did not work, but adding the dependency to the pom did - so, I cannot say whether both were required
      or not).

After downloading the h2 database, starting it, and creating the sample tables from a script I also found online,
      I was able to reverse engineer the entities ...
      Spoke too soon?

Continued on to the neo4j portion of the tutorial and again ...

roo> addon search graph
      0 found, sorted by rank; T = trusted developer; R = Roo 1.2 compatible

I am starting to feel like the addon search is not doing what is expected.

Is there a little too much magic going on here? I cannot effectively debug this problem given the sparse context I have. So, I am running the 64-bit Cocoa version on my MB Pro (circa 2009) of the tools and am wondering if this has any impact. Running the roo shell outside of STS also produces similar results.

Again, any ideas? Should I try roo 1.2.2? This feels like a configuration problem. Is it somehow using my previously installed maven and that is causing some problems? I just don't know what the addon command is based on, how it works, and how much knowledge or context I would need to solve this in an expeditious way.

Comment

Similar issue here using Roo within STS

I too am having this same issue using the version of Roo (1.2.1) that came with the most recent version of STS on the website.

I see the connector in my pom.xml already, but Roo doesn't find the proper addon.
        Last edited by Argylelabcoat; Aug 1st, 2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Addons are currently broken

AFAIK, Roo addons discovery and installation have been broken for at least two months: ROO-3184 RooBot addon registration does not work

Comment

I see, that makes perfect sense. I'd be glad then to learn where to find (and download) the mysql, h2 and other such db drivers manually. I'd like to see if putting them in my bundles folder helps.

Comment

Working...
            X