Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Spring-Roo provide sort function for finders?

I'm using Spring-roo to build my project, it's a very greate tool. But when I want to sort the entities on GUI, I cannot find a sort support in generated finders. I don't want to modify these auto-generated files, so I ask here anyone knows how to add sort function in finders or in some other ways? Thanks

No support for it, neither in finders nor controllers or table.jspx. There is an open ticket in Jira for it since years with about 100 votes. No luck.

Comment

Originally posted by spgmx View Post
      No support for it, neither in finders nor controllers or table.jspx. There is an open ticket in Jira for it since years with about 100 votes. No luck.
      OK, thanks. Then could you please give me a hint that what's the best practise to implement sort function?

Comment

Best way would be to patch the roo addons to support it.

If you only have a few finders which need sorting you could do it by hand:

1. finder which supports sorting
        2. controller-method for these finders which supports sorting
        3. patch table.jspx to support sorting

And don't forget paging - which is also not supported by roo for custom finders

If you don't need paging you could do the sorting just in the ui. E.g. sortable.js could be a way.

Comment

Best way would be to patch the roo addons to support it.

If you only have a few finders which need sorting you could do it by hand:

1. finder which supports sorting
          2. controller-method for these finders which supports sorting
          3. patch table.jspx to support sorting

And don't forget paging - which is also not supported by roo for custom finders

If you don't need paging you could do the sorting just in the ui. E.g. sortable.js could be a way.
          I need paging, which addons can do this job? Where can I download the useful addons, any site on roo?

Comment

I said you can patch / extend the existing finder and scaffolding addons.
            I do not know an existing addon which supports paging and sorting.

My tip: I you are not satisfied with the CRUD-UI generated by Roo, do not use UI scaffolding. It is very frustrating to try to customize it

Comment

I said you can patch / extend the existing finder and scaffolding addons.
              I do not know an existing addon which supports paging and sorting.

My tip: I you are not satisfied with the CRUD-UI generated by Roo, do not use UI scaffolding. It is very frustrating to try to customize it
              OK, got it, thank you for your help

Comment

Please vote for ROO-241, the Roo team prioritizes features based on Jira votes.

Comment

Working...
                X