Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flow of spring roo application

Hi all,

I have been using roo for couple of months now. I want to know whether there is any mechanism to control the flow of the application. For example i have a 'user' and a 'application' table in my database. There is another table called 'user_profile' which is used to link the 'application' and 'user' tables.

I used DBRE with spring roo to create the UI and now there are three separate UIs for the three tables. It is a very difficult process for user to enter data by navigating around these three UIs. Is there a way to control the flow of the application and guide the user to all three UIs in a certain flow.

Please I need a solution for this problem asap and if not i'l have to give up roo on this project which will waste months of work.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by pathfinder92; Jun 13th, 2012, 05:03 AM.

DBRE simply obtains metadata from the JDBC driver using the java.sql.DatabaseMetaData object. It does its best to make associations from the FK relationships given to it. It is not like the Eclipse wizard which gives more control as to what object are created, but DBRE handles error conditions much better than the Eclipse-generated output and also will guarantee compilable code.

In your use case, a many-to-many relationship between "user" and "application" would have been created if the "user_table" conformed to a proper join table. From the javadocs of my DbreMetadata class:
    To be identified as a many-to-many join table, the table must have have exactly two
    primary keys and have exactly two foreign-keys pointing to other entity
    tables and have no other columns.
    It would appear your "user_table" table has extra columns?
    Alan

Comment

Working...
    X