X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push-in Refactor unavailable in Roo 1.2.1

Created a Roo application that I need to convert.

The Push-in Refactor option is unavailable in the Refactor contextual menu. Is there any way to fix this?

Using STS 2.9.1 with bundled Roo version 1.2.1.

thanks,

Lawrence

Have Roo created any itd-files in your project? Are they visible in the project or package explorer?

Comment

Yes, there are visible aj files in the package explorer.

thanks,

Lawrence

Comment

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Isn't this a key feature of ROO?

Comment

It's vital to have this function working when using Roo, but pushin is not a Roo feature per se. It's Springsource Tool Suite feature. The cause of this problem could be a problem with the structure of your Roo-project. I've had a similar problem that turned out to be a bug that was fixed.

Can you please post an example project that exhibits this issue on your machine?

Comment

One possible cause of this is that you need to make sure you do a clean rebuild so that there exists a correct cross-cutting model.

Andrew Eisenberg asked me these questions when I had a problem with push-in refactoring, but in my case I was able to see the push-in as an option in the refactoring menu, so it was different from what you describe.
            Are there gutter markers over the ITD that you are unsuccessfully trying to push in? And is there an associated gutter marker in the target? Also, the markers should say something like "Declared on..." and "Aspect declaration...". If they are missing, that implies a broken crosscutting model.
            I also had to do a clean restart with adding the lines
            Code:
            -clean
            -refresh
            to the top of my STS.ini file inside "/Applications/springsource/sts-2.8.1.RELEASE/STS.app/Contents/MacOS/" in order to be able to build properly. I type in that snippet when I occasionally need this.

You can read more about the problems I had at push-in of Roo-generated converter methods in ApplicationConversionServiceFactoryBean doesn't move method to java source

Comment

MiB, thanks a lot for your help!
              It's a very essential answer!

________
              Record Screen

Comment

Update:

This error appears at the bottom of webmvc-config.xml. (There is a circled red X in the gutter) The tooltip says:

Multiple annotations found at this line:
                - Class 'edu.ucla.it.mi.vidview.controller.ApplicationConv ersionServiceFactoryBean' not found [config set: vidview/web-
                context]

<bean class="edu.ucla.it.mi.vidview.controller.Applicati onConversionServiceFactoryBean" id="applicationConversionService"/>

However, the class is there in the source directory along with an ITD.

Is this causing the Push-in Refactor option to disappear in the menu?

What can I do to fix this?

thanks,

Lawrence

Originally posted by MiB View Post
                It's vital to have this function working when using Roo, but pushin is not a Roo feature per se. It's Springsource Tool Suite feature. The cause of this problem could be a problem with the structure of your Roo-project. I've had a similar problem that turned out to be a bug that was fixed.

Can you please post an example project that exhibits this issue on your machine?

Comment

Working...
                X