X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbbarquero View Post
    the remains of the chapter contains a lot of reason for NOT making the hierarchy Serializable.
    I assume you also read that Joshua acknoledges there are circumstances when it is appropriate to override that specific rule.
    Originally posted by jbbarquero View Post
    However, it doesn't explain the problem with Eclipse, but I've found this: Eclipse bug: The hierarchy of the type AbstractSubClass is inconsistent

The last comment, Anttix 2011-11-12 08:31:46 EST, talks about Roo.
    That's interesting of course, but Olivier Thomanns comment was also interesting in that he noted this issue was reproduceable using the plain compiler. I don't have the problem with maven from the command line but I didn't use the -X or -e flags.

I haven't had the need before for such a solution like this one, so I haven't fully analyzed why this seems to be so.
    Last edited by MiB; Jun 5th, 2012, 02:46 PM.

Comment

OK, so I reran "mvn clean install -X -e" and out of the thousands lines resulting from this "inconsistent" isn't mentioned. If this was a problem with any compiler, then maven would also display a problem somewhere no? I have logging set to WARNING at the project level.

What happen when you run "mvn clean install -X -e" from the command line in your project? Am I wrong that this error message should be displayed within maven or in one of the logs? Maybe maven just sidesteps this issue somehow.

Comment

Working...
      X