Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no pom in this dir Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no pom in this dir

"The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no pom in this directory"

This directory is "blah blah blah\SpringRoo"

I have pizza directory under "blah blah blah\SpringRoo", so the whole application is actually in this directory "blah blah blah\SpringRoo\pizza"

But when I run perform tests, I got the "no pom in 'blah blah blah\SpringRoo' directory", but pom.xml is actuall under "blah blah blah\SpringRoo\pizza", and I ran 'roo' under "blah blah blah\SpringRoo\pizza".

I think roo is not looking at the right directory, that is why it doesn't see pom.xml

How can I tell roo to look into the right directory?

One more thing I would like to point out, I did completely went through once with the pizza example at http://static.springsource.org/sprin...beginning.html

It was successful, and I deleted the pizza directory, and created a new pizza, and went through the tutorial for the second time, on which the errors showed
    Last edited by SpringFollower; Apr 16th, 2012, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Attachment

here is a screenshot
      Attached Files

Comment

The blah blah blah doesn't make it very readable. And the screenshot is really hard to read.

Comment

To simplified, when I ran "perform eclipse" command, i got the following error
          "Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin:2.9:clean(default-cli): Goal requires a project to execute but there is no POM in this directory (C:\SpringRoo)......"

I don't know why it's checking C:\SpringRoo, when my application is actually in C:\SpringRoo\pizza, and POM is under C:\SpringRoo\pizza.
          Last edited by SpringFollower; Apr 18th, 2012, 04:46 AM.

Comment

In which directory do you run the command ?

Comment

C:\SpringRoo\pizza
              I ran "roo" first
              Then perform eclipse

Comment

Check in your pom.xml file if you have not a parent directive pointing to a parent pom file.

Comment

Hello, could you show a sample section of pom.xml to where I can change what you were talking about?

Comment

Show me the content of your pom.xml file please.

If you have several pom.xml files then show me their directory location and their content.

Comment

here is the link to my pom.xml

http://pastebin.com/i4S3thhC

Thank you

Comment

You may have some outdate hidden eclipse related files in your directories.

Search for files of directories that start with a dot . and either remove them or look into them to see if you can find something fishy in there.

Otherwise you can run a mvn eclipse:clean command.

Comment

Does the problem happen on all of these commands ?

mvn clean compile

mvn clean test

mvn eclipse:eclipse

Comment

no the problem doesn't occur on those commands.

Only when I type command in roo

Comment

Does it happen only when you run the tests or also when you compile the main code ?

Comment

Working...
                              X