Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
roo 1.2.1 not able to find com.mysql.jdbc.Driver even after deploying this driver. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roo 1.2.1 not able to find com.mysql.jdbc.Driver even after deploying this driver.

roo> database introspect --schema mydb
    Located add-on that may offer this JDBC driver
    1 found, sorted by rank; T = trusted developer; R = Roo 1.2 compatible
    ID T R DESCRIPTION -------------------------------------------------------------
    01 Y Y 5.1.17.0020 #jdbcdriver driverclass:com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. This...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [HINT] use 'addon info id --searchResultId ..' to see details about a search result
    [HINT] use 'addon install id --searchResultId ..' to install a specific search result, or
    [HINT] use 'addon install bundle --bundleSymbolicName TAB' to install a specific add-on version
    JDBC driver not available for 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'
    roo>

I have already issues addon install id --searchResultId 01 command and it deployed the latest Mysql driver jar file and updated the project. Is there any specific reason why Spring Roo not able to find the driver?

Can anyone provide me with wrapper for this to start with OSGI command? MySQL driver version I m using is 5.1.13

Comment

Have you tried 'addon install bundle --bundleSymbolicName org.springframework.roo.wrapping.mysql-connector-java;5.1.13.0010'

Comment

Sorry, ignore that last post. I think what you're looking for is 'osgi start --url file:///C:/mysql-connector-java-5.1.13/mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar'

Comment

wow...Thank you so much..You are the best...

Comment

can anyone give me a link to download org.springframework.roo.wrapping.mysql-connector-java-5.1.13.0001.jar
            As I can't access s3browse.springsource.com due to network issue during 5 hours!

Comment

shvaber:

If you're trying to get MySQL to work, download either the .tar or the .zip from here:
              http://www.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/

Extract the jar to some path and the follow Idossantos' second instruction, i.e. launch roo and run this command:

Code:
              osgi start --url file:///C:/path/to/mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar
              After this roo should be able to do all the database commands.
              Last edited by crono5788; Jun 7th, 2012, 08:17 AM.

Comment

thanks. Worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                X