X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo 1.2: Problem with Locale using web jsf

When I reverse engineer my database, the following error occurs when I run the application in TomCat:
    Code:
    java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name br.com.clinica.control.i18n.messages, locale pt_BR
    	java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1539)
    	java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1278)
    	java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:980)
    	com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationResourceBundle.getResourceBundle(ApplicationResourceBundle.java:124)
    	com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationAssociate.getResourceBundle(ApplicationAssociate.java:608)
    	com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.getResourceBundle(ApplicationImpl.java:698)
    	com.sun.faces.el.FacesResourceBundleELResolver.getValue(FacesResourceBundleELResolver.java:83)
    	com.sun.faces.el.DemuxCompositeELResolver._getValue(DemuxCompositeELResolver.java:176)
    	com.sun.faces.el.DemuxCompositeELResolver.getValue(DemuxCompositeELResolver.java:203)
    	org.apache.el.parser.AstIdentifier.getValue(AstIdentifier.java:71)
    	org.apache.el.parser.AstValue.getValue(AstValue.java:147)
    	org.apache.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:189)
    	javax.faces.component.ComponentStateHelper.eval(ComponentStateHelper.java:194)
    	javax.faces.component.ComponentStateHelper.eval(ComponentStateHelper.java:182)
    	javax.faces.component.UICommand.getValue(UICommand.java:218)
    	org.primefaces.component.menu.BaseMenuRenderer.encodeMenuItem(BaseMenuRenderer.java:102)
    	org.primefaces.component.menu.MenuRenderer.encodePlainMenuContent(MenuRenderer.java:124)
    	org.primefaces.component.menu.MenuRenderer.encodePlainSubmenu(MenuRenderer.java:159)
    	org.primefaces.component.menu.MenuRenderer.encodePlainMenuContent(MenuRenderer.java:128)
    	org.primefaces.component.menu.MenuRenderer.encodeMarkup(MenuRenderer.java:100)
    	org.primefaces.component.menu.BaseMenuRenderer.encodeEnd(BaseMenuRenderer.java:40)
    	javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:875)
    	javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:1763)
    	javax.faces.render.Renderer.encodeChildren(Renderer.java:168)
    	javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:845)
    	org.primefaces.renderkit.CoreRenderer.renderChild(CoreRenderer.java:57)
    	org.primefaces.renderkit.CoreRenderer.renderChildren(CoreRenderer.java:45)
    	org.primefaces.component.panel.PanelRenderer.encodeContent(PanelRenderer.java:185)
    	org.primefaces.component.panel.PanelRenderer.encodeMarkup(PanelRenderer.java:108)
    	org.primefaces.component.panel.PanelRenderer.encodeEnd(PanelRenderer.java:55)
    	javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:875)
    	com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.HtmlBasicRenderer.encodeRecursive(HtmlBasicRenderer.java:312)
    	com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.GridRenderer.renderRow(GridRenderer.java:185)
    	com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.GridRenderer.encodeChildren(GridRenderer.java:129)
    	com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.HtmlBasicRenderer.encodeRecursive(HtmlBasicRenderer.java:304)
    	com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.GridRenderer.renderRow(GridRenderer.java:185)
    	com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.GridRenderer.encodeChildren(GridRenderer.java:129)
    	javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:1756)
    	javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:1759)
    	javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:1759)
    	com.sun.faces.application.view.FaceletViewHandlingStrategy.renderView(FaceletViewHandlingStrategy.java:401)
    	com.sun.faces.application.view.MultiViewHandler.renderView(MultiViewHandler.java:131)
    	com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:121)
    	com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:101)
    	com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:139)
    	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:594)
    	org.primefaces.webapp.filter.FileUploadFilter.doFilter(FileUploadFilter.java:79)
    	org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.java:147)
    	org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
    I tried to use the servers that comes with STS, but they don't run here, it says they are missing Catalina.class.
    help me guys, I've been googling around for one week but as jsf support on roo is new, I didn't find many sollutions for it. Don't know what to do anymore.

If I open it under Windows, or STS built-in browser, that error comes. If I open it on Ubuntu's Chrome, my page is displayed correctly. Looks like this is related to the Locale of the browser. How can I force it to always use English, no matter the browser location?

Comment

It was quite urgent... is there ony other forum recommended for me to go looking for help?

Comment

Use mvn jetty:run-exploded

Comment

Still same problem... web page only loads on Chrome. Jetty shows same exception.

Comment

Your error states that you are missing the message bundle. Did you create the messages_pt.properties in i18n and add it to the faces-config.xml file?

Comment

Thanks, that worked.
              Now I'm facing problems with inherited entities mapped as --inheritanceType JOINED, and superclass abstract and --mappedSuperclass.
              the form is shown empty.

Comment

Is there any workaround for this problem with Locale? I sent the link of my application for a turkish friend, and he couldn't access it because of the default location of his browser.

Comment

The problem is with LocaleBean.init()
                  Used method FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalConte xt().getRequestLocale() simply returns current user browser locale
                  without checking is it supported by application.
                  init should use calculateLocale which returns default locale if application does not support current browser locale.
                  @PostConstruct
                  public void init() {
                  FacesContext facesContext = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
                  if (facesContext!=null)
                  locale = facesContext.getApplication().getViewHandler().cal culateLocale(facesContext);
                  //locale = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalConte xt().getRequestLocale();
                  }

Comment

Hello Alan,

When creating the file (messages_pt.properties) and run the application can not use the open pages of the application. Visualize only the home page.

INFO: Creating instance of br.com.moviejsf.web.ApplicationBean
                    11/21/2012 15:53:53 org.apache.myfaces.config.annotation.Tomcat7Annota tionLifecycleProvider newInstance
                    11/21/2012 15:54:04 org.apache.myfaces.config.annotation.Tomcat7Annota tionLifecycleProvider newInstance
                    11/21/2012 16:02:05 org.apache.myfaces.config.annotation.Tomcat7Annota tionLifecycleProvider newInstance
                    11/21/2012 16:02:06 org.apache.myfaces.config.annotation.Tomcat7Annota tionLifecycleProvider newInstance
                    21/11/2012 16:17:44 org.apache.myfaces.shared.renderkit.html.HtmlImage RendererBase encodeEnd
                    AVISO: Component UIGraphic j_id_a:j_id_c has no attribute alt or attribute resolves to null. Path to component {Component-Path : [Class: javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot,ViewId: /viewExpired.xhtml][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlBody,Id: j_id_6][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid,Id: j_id_7][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid,Id: j_id_8][Class: org.primefaces.component.panel.Panel,Id: j_id_9][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlForm,Id: j_id_a][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlOutputLink,Id: j_id_b][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlGraphicImage,Id: j_id_c]}

Follows commands used in the project (Windows):

jpa setup --database HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY --provider HIBERNATE
                    entity jpa --class ~.model.Movie --testAutomatically
                    field string --fieldName title
                    field string --fieldName description
                    field number --fieldName discs --type int
                    enum type --class ~.model.Format
                    focus --class ~.model.Format
                    enum constant --name DVD
                    enum constant --name BLURAY
                    focus --class ~.model.Movie
                    field enum --fieldName format --type ~.model.Format
                    finder add findMoviesByTitleLike
                    web jsf setup --implementation APACHE_MYFACES --library PRIMEFACES --theme EGGPLANT
                    web jsf all --package ~.web

Thank you
                    Attachment
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by lorenarc; Nov 21st, 2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X