X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo evaluation

I have used Roo quite a lot now, and I am very impressed with it.

I would now like to introduce Roo in my organisation, however, I have to first evaluate it against alternative solutions and investigate the strengths and weaknesses of Roo.

Has anyone already been though a similar process that they would be willing to share the results?

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

Spring Roo is the modern-day answer to enterprise Java productivity. It's the normal Java platform you know, but with productivity levels you're unlikely to have experienced before (at least on Java!). It's simple to understand and easy to learn. Best of all, you can use Roo without needing to seek architectural approval, as the resulting applications use nothing but the mainstream Java technologies you already use. Plus all your existing Java knowledge, skills and experience are directly applicable when using Roo, and applications built with Roo enjoy zero CPU or memory overhead at runtime.
    Thank you for taking the time to explore Spring Roo. We hope that you enjoy using Roo as much as we've enjoyed creating it.
    Ben Alex, Founder - Spring Roo
    There is zero risk associated with using Roo. There is no runtime, the Roo annotations have source retention only, and if down the track you decide you don't want Roo managing your files, simply push-in the fields and methods and you still have 100% pure Java!
    Alan
    Last edited by Alan Stewart; Mar 28th, 2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X