Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo Problem with STS .. need help :(

Well .. hello all,

I'm new to Spring, so please don't be to hard with me.

I downloaded STS 2.9.0 Release .. and now that i try to open up a new Spring Roo Project .. it just
    doesn't work at all.

It doest go any further than ... Creating Roo project: execute Spring Roo 'project' command .. and i don't have
    any clue why is that. I also tried to de the Roo Tutorial with the pizzashop over the console .. and as i want to perform eclipse .. to make it an importable project .. nothin happens.

At this point i am very frustrated .. i mean .. if there is an option with Create a new Roo Project, why isnt it working ..

... hope someone can help .. because i don't have any idea what might be wrong

Does a window inside STS with first commands like "project ...." closed? If so, please run
    "development mode true", than you will see what is going on.

I'm pretty sure, ROO downloading dependency jars in background, using Maven plugin or itself.

So, if that popup window has been closed itself, STS works, just some background process.

Comment

If i try to create a spring roo project .. STS open up a window .. in order to create it .. i waited at least 45 min nothin happened .. have to crash STS ... now i ran STS in a shell then create a roo proj :

the main error message is :

[Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file.
      java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
      at com.springsource.sts.roo.core.RooCoreActivator.inv okeMethod(RooCoreActivator.java:92)

...... followed by multiple ones

has anyone a hint ?

Comment

Could you please remove all things from Maven repository folder and Roo cache folders?
        May be this error is related with partitially downloaded JAR-files. I had same thing, had to clear Maven repository and Roo cache folders.

Comment

i did ..

well i also already removed it .. downloaded it again ... the cocoa version

doesn't work aswell .. I'm pretty disappointed .. if thats the way how a project can be start faster ..

Comment

by default Maven repository folder located at user's home folder, as hidden .m2 folder.
            Exit from STS, remove please .m2 and start STS again. This folder will be recreated. And, you could also check eclipse .log file, there could be the reasons of your troubles.
            Log file is located in workspace folder - .metadata (hidden folder again) - .log

Also, if you are using proxy, you should edit maven..../conf/settings.xml and add proxy there. And in STS - check proxy settings too.

Comment

I also get funny problems with STS 2.9 and Roo project.

On win it do not create proper project, just jar files and nothing else.

On lin its 1 in 4 - 2 times I get partial project (and some exception in console in which I run STS), 1 in 4 i get maven downloading something (and then nothing happens), and 1 i 4 it create proper project.
              (I would settle just for 25% succes rate however EGit is also reporting error --- this time via NORMAL dialogs not just sillent nothing...)

So my question is:

Where are logs in which I will see those errors? (Under lin I see some while eclipse invoke roo commands, so I want to see those errors too)
              Last edited by przemo_li; Apr 8th, 2012, 02:22 AM.

Comment

as I know, log file located in workspace/.metadata - .log
                Please note, when you create a project in 2.9, please use xxx.xxx.xxx as java package, with just xxx.xxx it doesn't works (by me).

Comment

Ups. It do not work I still get those (when Roo is creting project):
                  java.lang.Exception: Unable to lock bundle cache: java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLockException
                  Last edited by przemo_li; Apr 8th, 2012, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shvaber View Post
                    by default Maven repository folder located at user's home folder, as hidden .m2 folder.
                    Exit from STS, remove please .m2 and start STS again. This folder will be recreated. And, you could also check eclipse .log file, there could be the reasons of your troubles.
                    Log file is located in workspace folder - .metadata (hidden folder again) - .log

Also, if you are using proxy, you should edit maven..../conf/settings.xml and add proxy there. And in STS - check proxy settings too.
                    ty so much !!

This worked for meh

Comment

Originally posted by rubiirube View Post
                      ty so much !!

This worked for meh
                      Glad to know this!

Comment

Solution

For some reason both Eclipse with Spring installed as an addon or SpringSource Tool Suite built with Eclipse both have a problem with Roo 1.2.X. Go to http://www.springsource.org/spring-roo and download 1.1.5 and put it in the same place you have version 1.2.x. It should look like this Attachment . Then when you create a new Roo Project you need to have Roo 1.1.5 under the Roo Installation Attachment . You will need to select "Configure Roo Installations" and add Roo 1.1.5 to the Roo Support popup to replace version 1.2.x.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by jgranger25; Jun 4th, 2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X