Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Why do I have to manually set my Java source path in STS for a Roo project? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I have to manually set my Java source path in STS for a Roo project?

I noticed that when creating a new Roo project from within STS, even after the SRC_MAIN_JAVA folder has been created by ROO, the STS is not adding this folder as a project source path. As a result, certain eclipse functions don't work (for example, searching for my entity classes using the class finder or auto-adding needed import statements).

Once I manually configure the project to include the root java source folder those features work.

I'm just now learning to use Roo, but I would have guessed it would inform the STS to do this. Is it a general limitation imposed by Eclipse itself? Or did I skip a vital step somewhere along the way creating my Roo project?

-Jeff

I think your problem related with STS 2.9.0, in this new version I was noticed, that not always STS do "update project configuration ".
    Sometimes I do mouse-right-click-on-project "Maven->Update Project Configuration"
    After that source folders become well-known for IDE.

May be it will help you.

Comment

Originally posted by shvaber View Post
      I think your problem related with STS 2.9.0, in this new version I was noticed, that not always STS do "update project configuration ".
      Sometimes I do mouse-right-click-on-project "Maven->Update Project Configuration"
      After that source folders become well-known for IDE.

May be it will help you.
      Can someone from the Roo dev team comment? Is this a bug in Roo or STS?

Comment

Still having this problem. I got my project created with roo (a multi-module maven structured project). Got it all working with Subversion and now starting to finally do some coding. Well, I cannot get the STS to let me add a source folder. In fact, clicking on Project Properties doesn't even show the normal Java configuration options!

What is going on?

Comment

Working...
        X