Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NullPointerException when starting Roo shell

Hello !

After upgrading from Roo 1.1.5 to 1.2.1, I get a NPE when starting Roo shell (see log below). I dont really have much context and dont know in which direction to search. More context in the log message would be welcomed, but in the meantime, if anybody has any idea how I could investigate this error I'd be most interested.

Code:
        ____  ____  ____  
       / __ \/ __ \/ __ \ 
      / /_/ / / / / / / / 
     / _, _/ /_/ / /_/ /  
    /_/ |_|\____/\____/    1.2.1.RELEASE [rev 6eae723]

Welcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press TAB or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
    roo> ERROR: Bundle org.springframework.roo.process.manager [54] EventDispatcher: Error during dispatch. (java.lang.NullPointerException)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at org.springframework.roo.process.manager.internal.DefaultProcessManager.logException(DefaultProcessManager.java:264)
    	at org.springframework.roo.process.manager.internal.DefaultProcessManager.completeStartup(DefaultProcessManager.java:146)
    	at org.springframework.roo.process.manager.internal.DefaultProcessManager.access$100(DefaultProcessManager.java:35)
    	at org.springframework.roo.process.manager.internal.DefaultProcessManager$1.frameworkEvent(DefaultProcessManager.java:68)
    	at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.invokeFrameworkListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:774)
    	at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:725)
    	at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.run(EventDispatcher.java:949)
    	at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.access$000(EventDispatcher.java:54)
    	at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher$1.run(EventDispatcher.java:106)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

My colleague here pulled the source, and got it to compile (took a little bit of work I think) when we hit this error.

The problem for us was that we are running a multimodule build with the version of our artifact defined in the root POM - i.e. the module didn't have a version specified in the POM - this caused roo to give a null pointer. Might get the same if any of the co-ordinates are missing maybe?

Hope that might help,

Matt

Comment

You're great ! That's exactly it. This project is multimodule and I did clean the version from the sub-modules.

I'll open a bug on the subject.

Comment

Glad I could help - yes it is annoying, particularly since m2e suggests you should remove the versions. Yes would be good to log a bug - we'd never got round to it (I think).

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

Bug opened as https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-3083

Comment

Working...
          X