Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
urgent: need oracle osgi jdbc bundle (old xe link not working) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent: need oracle osgi jdbc bundle (old xe link not working)

hi,
    http://forum.springsource.org/showth...g-an-Oracle-DB : this repository is not working for getting oracle jdbc
    <dependency>
    <groupId>com.oracle.jdbc</groupId>
    <artifactId>com.springsource.oracle.jdbc</artifactId>
    <version>10.2.0.2</version>
    </dependency>

when I somehow managed to create ojdbc osgi (per http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/bu...td2956499.html ) - it hangs infinitely.

test reverse engineer hsql 1.8 and generating web mvc for sample tables work very cool. Only with oracle 11.2.0.2 - I am never able to reverse engineer.

thanks & regards,
    Hari

Hi,

Have you had a look at this:
    http://nidget.wordpress.com/2011/07/...th-spring-roo/

I followed this through (take note of the comments at the bottom too), and managed to get a driver working for a reverse engineer.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Comment

The Oracle JDBC isn't available in Maven repos due to licensing issues. You will have to add it to your local Maven repo per teh instructions Matt posted.

Comment

Originally posted by mattharr View Post
        Hi,

Have you had a look at this:
        http://nidget.wordpress.com/2011/07/...th-spring-roo/

I followed this through (take note of the comments at the bottom too), and managed to get a driver working for a reverse engineer.

Hope that helps,

Matt
        yes, I did use that link, which was taking me through a infinite loop of imports required(added part of rt.jar, many other oracle client jars etc..). The link I posted at top-helped me generate a oracle osgi jar and succesfully register in 'osgi start --url ..' .But it hangs telling "connection dropped".

I am using oracle 11.2.0.2, and generated osgi bunde using 2 jars ojdbc6.jar, and orai18n.jar(per first link..

thank you,
        Hari

Comment

I found that the comments at the bottom showed you what to remove from the Manifest so that there was only one dependency that needed to be downloaded and installed - did you go through this too?

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

I will try a per that last comment , and reply later. Again - wouldn't ignoring import dependency cause jar to malfunction? like the hanging that happened because all imports were ignored in pom.xml that was usedto generate bundle.

cheers,

Comment

I think the issue is the manifest gets created with a whole lot of fluff that isn't actually needed for it to run. So you can trim it down, and remove unneeded dependencies - at least that's how I explained it to myself

Comment

I am still not able to make it work. First of - I didn't get some of those - com.sun imports in import package section. When I removed those unwanted imports and rejarred it- and then added javax.resource jar followed by rejarred jar - osgi added both perfectly.

only when I do "database introspect --schema <tab>" - it hangs indefinitely and finally tells "Connection Reset".

I am trying other jars also. Is it some oracle config problem?

Comment

I take it you can connect to your oracle db, and your using a jdbc connection string?

Comment

I migrated oracle db to mysql, and reverse engineered from there. using myql it works great
                    Few entities are giving "internal error" in web mvc layer while save/edit/list is done.
                    Again I see eclipselink provider provides better reverse engineer than hibernate. (openjpa- it asks to implement equals/hashcode)..
                    quality of scaffolding code generated may not be that great(else it should have worked clean for all proviers for all entities)..

cheers,

Comment

Working...
                    X