X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error starting Roo shell: "Unable to get truested keys" [sic]

Hey, I'm not sure what happened, but Roo shell was happily working until I started it this morning. Now, I get the attached exception, and the shell is pretty much unresponsive both inside & outside of STS.

The first part of the stack trace is:
    Code:
    [0m]0;Spring Roo 1.2.1.RELEASE [rev 6eae723][7m[0m[32mWelcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press TAB or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
    [0m[s[1;102H[7mDownloaded 0% of favorites.json[0m[u[s[1;102H[K[1;102H[7mDownloaded 0% of favorites.json[0m[u[s[1;102H[K[1;100H[7mDownloaded 100% of favorites.json[0m[u[s[1;100H[K[1;100H[7mDownloaded 100% of favorites.json[0m[u
    [7m[0m[32m[7m@Han_Cholo:[0m Be sure to checkout the webinar today on Whats new in Spring Roo 1.2 [32m[4mhttp://t.co/VJIokA08[0m [36m#Spring[0m 
    [0m[33mroo> [0m[s[1;100H[K[1;100H[7mDownloaded 100% of favorites.json[0m[u[s[1;100H[K[1;100H[7mDownloaded 100% of favorites.json[0m[u
    [7m[0m[31m[org.springframework.roo.felix [47]] [org.springframework.roo.felix.pgp.PgpServiceImpl] The activate method has thrown an exception
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to get truested keys
        at org.springframework.roo.felix.pgp.PgpServiceImpl.getTrustedKeys(PgpServiceImpl.java:197)
        at org.springframework.roo.felix.pgp.PgpServiceImpl.trust(PgpServiceImpl.java:402)
        at org.springframework.roo.felix.pgp.PgpServiceImpl.trustDefaultKeys(PgpServiceImpl.java:443)
        at org.springframework.roo.felix.pgp.PgpServiceImpl.trustDefaultKeysIfRequired(PgpServiceImpl.java:455)
        at org.springframework.roo.felix.pgp.PgpServiceImpl.activate(PgpServiceImpl.java:90)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    See the attachment for the full dump from Roo.

I'm using Roo 1.2.1.RELEASE on Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit with 64-bit Sun Java 1.6.0_30.

Any ideas? Behavior's the same with a virgin Roo distro as it is with my usual one, both in my project and in a temp directory.

Thanks,
    Matthew

[bump] Still seeing this error.

I can provide the VMWare VM in which this is happening to the Roo team if desired. Contact me directly to arrange upload/download.

Comment

Interesting update. I found https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-1931 and tried its workaround. Removed ~/.spring_roo_pgp.bpg and relaunched roo. I didn't get the exception that I'd gotten before (see original post in this thread), but the roo shell was still unresponsive. I typed "help" and hit enter, and a message saying that the shell was still loading in the upper right hand corner appeared and the shell seemed to hang.

I remove ~/.spring_roo_pgp.bpg again, then downgraded from Spring Roo 1.2.1.RELEASE to 1.2.0.RELEASE. After starting 1.2.0.RELEASE, the roo shell responded normally.

I'll enter an issue to track this WRT 1.2.1.RELEASE.

Comment

FYI: https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-3074

Comment

I'm seeing this issue too today.

My Roo is 1.2.2.RELEASE

Typing in the quit command does not respond at all.

Ctrl-C

I removed the file

rm .spring_roo_pgp.bpg

and restarted Roo which behaves now normally.

Comment

Working...
          X